letters from marine at boot camp?
Create Post
    Marine Spouse Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

letters from marine at boot camp?

My fiance left for boot camp on aug 16. I was just wondering how long does it usually take for them to get to write letters? I also read that sometime they are awarded phone calls by the di for winning things. How likely is that. We have been together for four years (high school sweethearts). This is really difficult being away from him this long, and today is only day 5. I think I would be a lot better if I could just hear from him and KNOW that he is ok. Thanks in advance for your help!

you won't hear from him for maybe up to two weeks from now. Today is Black Friday for him and he is barely meeting his Drill Instructors. The next three days are gonna be hectic and he might get off one letter if his Senior gives him one to send to family. As for phone calls it depends on the Senior. In my Plt the one time phone calls were given out was when one girl's family was in Haiti during the earthquake and when we were on our last Sunday and we got 5 min phone calls to make sure our family had gotten us plane tickets to go home for leave. Once he is further into boot camp he will write more but not too often. But you need to write as much as possible. Letters are the best part of the day and it helps you remember there is a world outside the Depot. Be smart on what you send him though, they look at letters. Be patient a letter will come.

Here is a day to day schedule of what your fiance is doing everyday. And like Gonzo said, it'll be a couple of weeks.

https://www.8mcd.usmc.mil/PAB/Boot%20Camp%20Matrix.jpg

Marine Spouse Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    thanks very much for your help!

Thread Information