Another MOS question- UV contract MCSF
Create Post

Another MOS question- UV contract MCSF

Ive been searching the heck out of this mos. The information I am looking for I have not been able to find. I have found plenty of information about the job and its opportunities. I have a small set of questions pertaining to this mos and its requirements.

First off, I have read that MCSF falls under MarSoc, is this true?

Second, another thing that I have found common in my findings is that SF Marines are to be ITB trained and not MCT trained, is this true as well?

Third, if above is true is this a PMOS where you serve and this will always be your MOS or is this a B- Billet where you serve 2-3 years then go back to the FMF? If it is the latter, do you have the oportunity to return to the job on your following re-enlistment?

Finally, What is the full training pipeline of MCSF UV Contract Marines, starting after Marines have completed recruit training?

Thanks for your time and Sorry if any of my questions are some that have been beat to death.

PM inbound

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDogsSon269 View Post
    First off, I have read that MCSF falls under MarSoc, is this true? NO, YOU READ WRONG.

Second, another thing that I have found common in my findings is that SF Marines are to be ITB trained and not MCT trained, is this true as well? YES, AND NO -- NEW MARINES GOING TO MCSF ALL GO TO ITB FIRST: MARINES COMING FROM THE FLEET FROM VARIOUS MOS'S GO VARIOUS ROUTES.

Third, if above is true is this a PMOS where you serve and this will always be your MOS or is this a B- Billet where you serve 2-3 years then go back to the FMF? If it is the latter, do you have the oportunity to return to the job on your following re-enlistment? MCSF IS NEVER A PMOS, FOR ANYONE. IT IS A BMOS, SO WHEN YOU ARE DONE AT MCSF YOU GO BACK TO THE FMF IN YOUR PRIMARY MOS.

Finally, What is the full training pipeline of MCSF UV Contract Marines, starting after Marines have completed recruit training? DEPENDS ON A LOT. YOUR SKILLS, THE NEED OF THE CORPS, AND THE REST OF THE VARIABLES. A BASICALLY TRAINED MCSF MARINE DOES; 1) BOOTCAMP, 2) SOI/ITB, 3) THE BASIC SECURITY FORCES SCHOOL AT CHESAPEAKE. THEN THEY GO TO THEIR UNIT AND FROM THERE OTHER SCHOOLS ARE AVAILABLE, FOR SOME.
    GOOD LUCK

Thread Information