Fasting before I join the Marine Corps.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fasting before I join the Marine Corps.

18 out of 40 days of no food, I'm an atheist but I like to think I'm philosophically inclined... I simply don't have enough long term energy to PT and when I do exercise (on my own time) I always have something to drink before and after to give me the energy required.

How do I keep my recruiter at bay from asking me to PT? I intend to go back to regularly PT with them (the poolees) after my fast. And I have been keeping myself in shape and even getting into better shape during this fast.

But it requires a lot of rest.

Thats most retarded thing ever. Eat food. Its good for you.

Firstly, if u need energy before a workout, why the hell fast. Food is energy, get a good diet and you'll be like the energizer bunny. Fasting before boot camp is like chopping ur you know what before you do that certain activity. Boot camp won't be a buffet, you will be hungry a lot so fasting is a no no.

Wow. This is dumb. Go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve018 View Post
    Firstly, if u need energy before a workout, why the hell fast. Food is energy, get a good diet and you'll be like the energizer bunny. Fasting before boot camp is like chopping ur you know what before you do that certain activity. Boot camp won't be a buffet, you will be hungry a lot so fasting is a no no.
    I still have quite some time before I ship out. I'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by BassPro0007 View Post
    Wow. This is dumb. Go away.
    Not everyone thrives from hatred and war... there are many who would rather strive for understanding and peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Dillon View Post
    Not everyone thrives from hatred and war... there are many who would rather strive for understanding and peace.

My comment had nothing to do with "thriving on hatred and war." Not eating for fourty days is unsafe and more so UNHEALTHY, which in a way shows your dedication to the Marine Corp that requires you to be HEALTHY.

Maybe you should become a monk instead of a Marine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Griffith View Post
    Maybe you should become a monk instead of a Marine.
    He already stated he is an athiest...

Maybe he should become a pot smoking liberal hippy... Free pass to a communist country there...

Dillon, you surely haven't started off on the right foot on this one. talking of being an Athiest, going on a fast and trying to find a way to get out of PT. Saying some crap about Peace and understanding... we all want our chance at killing Americas enemy but we aren't war-mongering machines that thrive on hatred.

99% of us here believe in a God, be it the Judo-Christian, Muslim, buddist.
    We all PT our Hardest and do it even when we are missing out on all the fun things that those others the same age are doing. and that makes us hate slackers.

Best for you to stay low for a bit bud... and Eat some Damn food!

Quote Originally Posted by Hummel View Post
    Dillon, you surely haven't started off on the right foot on this one. talking of being an Athiest, going on a fast and trying to find a way to get out of PT.
    You're right, I should be way more open about being a peace loving atheist. And it's not that I'm trying to find a way to get out of PT, I can write you a list of excuses if you want one, but between Fasting and PT I'd choose PT. Fasting is not as easy as running for 15 minutes or doing a few push ups/sit ups/pull ups there lad.

we all want our chance at killing Americas enemy
    Careful there... following a cause blindly and without question can be quite dangerous. Nothing should ever go unquestioned.

[quote]99% of us here believe in a God, be it the Judo-Christian, Muslim, buddist.[quote]

There's 1% then that are agnostic or atheist, why should they be treated any less equally?

We all PT our Hardest and do it even when we are missing out on all the fun things that those others the same age are doing.
    like eating?

and that makes us hate slackers.
    hate is the corruption of one's mind for it clouds them of better judgment.

Best for you to stay low for a bit bud... and Eat some Damn food!
    It takes honor, courage, and commitment to stay the course of 40 days without eating. Alas even honor and courage may or may not be as powerful as compassion.

Quote Originally Posted by BassPro0007 View Post
    My comment had nothing to do with "thriving on hatred and war." Not eating for fourty days is unsafe and more so UNHEALTHY, which in a way shows your dedication to the Marine Corp that requires you to be HEALTHY.
    I'm just going to leave this here. May you re-edumacate yourself on this field. http://falconblanco.com/health/fasting.htm

Fasting is VERY healthy, Starving yourself is not, there IS a difference between the two. Starvation and not eating(fasting) that is...

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Problem: Can't PT because of no food.

Solution: Eat food.

Pretty simple.

http://falconblanco.com/health/disclaimer.htm

Read the medical disclaimer from that same web site.

Once I start to hear all this hokus pokus talk about clearing "toxins" from the body alarm bells go off. It's just more of that holistic medicine nonsense.

As for the atheism, you have a right to believe what you want, but I don't know what it has to do with PT or fasting. That part of this thread is useless.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Hummel View Post
    He already stated he is an athiest...
    ...99% of us here believe in a God, be it the Judo-Christian, Muslim, buddist.
    What was the point of even stating this? Who cares about ones beliefs, as this is a country founded on the freedom of belief, or lack of.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Simply put, you may stop eating but your body does not. Get off your ego trip and stop digesting yourself, or you will have to be carried off the bus.

Stupid thread.

Thread Information