Quick Award Question
Create Post

Quick Award Question

I just got back from Afghan and I was in direct support of a certain company, in a place called Marjah. We dealt with a number of gun fights, IED's, raids, cordon and knocks, etc. My team mate and I were written up for a NAM which is cool, but reading the summary of action and citation it reads like it should have a V. So is it possible to get a CAR submitted from this company, have this well written SOA, citation and get just a plain NAM? I dont want to sound like a ****ing whiner, but if I rate something I'd like to know if I can get it amended or something.

For getting a "V" the problem you might run into is the awarding authority. For example a Battalion Commander can issue a NAM, but not one with a "V" so if your Battalion wanted to give you the award and not have to deal with forwarding it up to Regiment, your SOL when it comes to getting the "V"

I haven't the slighest idea but welcome home!

Just ask the chain of command, if they've changed command, find their email on the personnel locator. If they tell you to **** off or give you the shoulder shrug just request mass with your current command. Requesting mass isn't bad thing by any means if done properly, use the search function on usmc.mil to find the order on requesting mass.

I'd take care of it like soon soon or you'll be SOL, like me trying to get my CAR from my first deployment.

Thread Information