Trip down to MEPS.
Create Post

Post Trip down to MEPS.

Hello everyone, I am taking a few steps further in my goal of enlisting. I am going down to MEPS sometime this month (I think, going to talk with my Recruiter tomorrow.) What should I expect? No one is ever fully clear with me as to what I should expect. Is there some sort of physical test, as to how many pull ups I can do, etc? I am not in very good shape right now, and am working on that daily, but I do not want to go down to MEPS and make a fool out of myself.

If anyone has any advice or tips for me, please let me know.

Semper Fi.

Nevermind

Last edited by ArtyOps; 08-15-10 at 11:36 PM. Reason: I was rude.

^ I've heard about that before, not particularly looking forward to it, but meh...
    I also heard I have to be naked in front of everybody else that is there that day, is this true? I don't mind I guess but I wouldn't exactly be having a good time.

I can't say for sure. I think I was down to my boxers at meps in front of others. It was forever ago. I do remember the finger.
    I can say for sure you will be nekkid in front of other men at boot camp. Hope your not shy.

At Boot Camp I could deal with it, cause it's to be expected, and I'm going to be in much better shape by then.. as of now, I am in pretty bad shape so I'd be pretty shy about it now haha.

Tough. If you are modest now, you won't be. If you have 'body issues' then you are NOT going to make it through recruit training. No one there cares about your whang size anyway, but they WILL care if you are a disgusting fatbody in the shower.

You will lose all sense of modesty by SOI. If you can't crap in front of someone else you will learn.

Talk to a recruiter.

get ready to sit around and wait. You will do the underwear olympics to test joints. It's just a lengthy medical exam followed by paperwork.

Correct, and I should have mentioned that also. Bring a book. It'll come in handy. Wear comfortable clothing.

Thread Information