Ive posted about 4 months ago asking about intel, sigint and linguist. Which i got great help about. Thank you again.

My ship date draws every closer. Dec 6 2010.

Currently im only contracted to ship, without a specific MOS. My recruiter said there were no mos slots open, or more maybe its easier if i say, something about the Marine Corps fiscal year or "start is in October so thats when all the recruiters put in their packets for poolies that are leaving later on in the year.

So ive been in the DEP for 4 months, going to pool functions, getting in better shape etc. I will be talking with my recruiter again about my specific mos assignment.

It seems like he is pushing for me to go into Crypto-linguist, because i scored 110 on the dlab. (87 on asvab - some college credits) My recruiter doesnt seem to know much about intell/sigint / linguist fields, as he was not in them... so it makes me more nervous.

Now, assuming I do go this route, does the Corps need korean linguist much these days? I know nothing is guaranteed, however I am curious if thats even within the realm of possibility since im already conversational in Korean.

My ideal route would be to go intell 02xx, or possibly sigint 26xx (crypto-ling would be here)

My recruiter seems sort of unsure himself as to the specifics whether I should go intell where according to about.com even as intell you can go to Language school. Or if I should go into the 26xx field.

Summary.

1. is are korean linguist in demand at all in the Corps?
2. There is a great sticky about intell, but not much info about sigint. Any info would be nice.
3. If i have a choice which should i opt for? At 24 im not old, but I really need to make the best decision for a future that may or may not be in the Marine Corps.