Group sues to stop Ground Zero Mosque
Create Post
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Group sues to stop Ground Zero Mosque

NEW YORK – The debate over a planned Islamic community center and mosque near ground zero became a court fight Wednesday, as a conservative advocacy group sued to try to stop a project that has become a fulcrum for balancing religious freedom and the legacy of the Sept. 11 attacks.

The American Center for Law and Justice, founded by the Rev. Pat Robertson, filed suit Wednesday to challenge a city panel's decision to let developers tear down a building to make way for the mosque two blocks from ground zero.

The city Landmarks Preservation Commission moved too fast in making a decision, underappreciated the building's historic value and "allowed the intended use of the building and political considerations to taint the deliberative process," lawyer Brett Joshpe wrote in papers filed in a Manhattan state court. The Washington, D.C.-based group represents a firefighter who responded to and survived the terrorist attack at the World Trade Center.

City attorneys are confident the landmarks group adhered to legal standards and procedures, Law Department spokeswoman Kate O'Brien Ahlers said. A spokesman for the planned Islamic center, Oz Sultan, declined to comment on the lawsuit but said organizers were continuing to work toward choosing an architect.

The mosque has become a national political flashpoint, pitting several influential Republicans and the nation's most prominent Jewish civil rights group against New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg and others.

I have said nothing until now but I do believe this is nothing more than Muslems telling us to stick it they are the ones. So to that I say I hope and pray to GOD that this legal battle ends with no mosque.

I just really think this is a bad idea.
    Something, way down in my gut tells me that nothing "good"
    can come of this.
    Nothing good.

Smitty, I believe that is what they want and that no matter what happens this is not going to turn out good that is why I said I will pray to GOD on this one.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You know................I been thinking. Wonder what would happen if we decided we wanted to live in A$$crackistan, build a church, and we women won't wear burkas AND we show LOTS of cleavage, while we stand over our BBQ pits where you can walk right up and fix your own damned sandwich picking pork right off the carca$$. Chances are we wouldn't last 30 minutes.

Yet I (me and myself) am supposed to be concerned about offending Muslims by hoping they won't be granted permission to build a Mosque near Ground Zero? I don't even live in NY and I feel like I've been slapped in the face. It's like we're cowering down and saying "sure, we can live with you amongst us even though you did so much damage to us all in one morning - we can forget about it".

Just don't seem right, does it?

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    we women won't wear burkas AND we show LOTS of cleavage,
    I SAY GO FOR IT....DON'T LET YOU OR VICTORIA HAVE ANY SECRETS!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    LOL @ PB!

It would probably offend even some of you horn dogs! LOL!

Credits
    Savings
    Pictures Kim, pictures.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    LOL @ PB!

It would probably offend even some of you horn dogs! LOL!

To see if my eyes would be offended I would have to see pictures.....being that I am a hands on type of man.

Kim not much good offend these old eyes anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84 View Post
    You know................I been thinking. Wonder what would happen if we decided we wanted to live in A$$crackistan, build a church, and we women won't wear burkas AND we show LOTS of cleavage, while we stand over our BBQ pits where you can walk right up and fix your own damned sandwich picking pork right off the carca$$. Chances are we wouldn't last 30 minutes.

Yet I (me and myself) am supposed to be concerned about offending Muslims by hoping they won't be granted permission to build a Mosque near Ground Zero? I don't even live in NY and I feel like I've been slapped in the face. It's like we're cowering down and saying "sure, we can live with you amongst us even though you did so much damage to us all in one morning - we can forget about it".

No it don't seem right and it isn't.
    What you wrote here 84 was what I was thinking.
    I just don't have the ability to communicate well.
    Thanks

Marine Free Member AdirondackDog's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    They can put it up next to the Pine Tree Rifle Club in my home town.

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84 View Post

Watch out Kim....you might "offend" some of these pro-Muslim advocates 'round here.....like KFH, Barr, Fatty.....just to name a few. THEY believe this mosque has EVERY right to be built right where so many American citizens lost their lives. Its so stupid to even believe that to begin with not to mention to even build that frikkin thing I know....but they're entitled to their opinions...I guess.....

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim View Post
    Watch out Kim....you might "offend" some of these pro-Muslim advocates 'round here.....like KFH, Barr, Fatty.....just to name a few. THEY believe this mosque has EVERY right to be built right where so many American citizens lost their lives. Its so stupid to even believe that to begin with not to mention to even build that frikkin thing I know....but they're entitled to their opinions...I guess.....

"Congress shall make no law respecting the establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

The fact is they have the right to build it anywhere. I may not be a big fan of this either but it is a constitutionally protected right. So I support their effort. After all we allow Japanese people to live in Hawaii.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brian0351 View Post
    After all we allow Japanese people to live in Hawaii.
    We aren't talking about the Japanese in Hawaii.

It just seems unfair and disrespectful as hell! Some of these radical Muslims are probably some of these "illegal aliens" that we keep b!tchin' about - they're not all Mexicans you know.

If I could get the same privledges in their country, I would say "Sure, put one of them gold domes up and have at it." I would even make sure the front door faced towards Mecca for them if that's what they wanted.

I'm with HB and a lot of other folks - nothing good is going to come of it. It bothered me to death when I saw a clip of a Reverand telling a reporter that he thought it was a good idea and that it was "for the people".

If they want to build a Mosque, why not pick another part of town? Does it HAVE to be built at THIS particular location? Seems like just out of respect they wouldn't build it here but, ................................

Thread Information