Question parents should never ask Drill Instructor
Create Post

Question parents should never ask Drill Instructor

Parents should never ask their son/daughter's Drill Instructor: Did you make a man out of my son?

This question was asked of me many times during my tour as a Drill Instructor.

The standard answer was alway's "we cannot take out of him in 13 weeks, everything that you put into him in 17/18 years."

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    hahahaha awesome answer Gunny!

well mabe I was wrong, but I did thank my Doughters DI. for turning my babe girl into my equal in the sence of becoming one of the best in the world. Boy was I a proud Papa, and my Son will be going in in a few more months as soon as he gets his Deploma. proud Papa part 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
    Parents should never ask their son/daughter's Drill Instructor: Did you make a man out of my son?

This question was asked of me many times during my tour as a Drill Instructor.

The standard answer was alway's "we cannot take out of him in 13 weeks, everything that you put into him in 17/18 years."
    Gunny?
    I would love to see the look on their faces when you said that!
    Probably confused until you walked away.
    Then like WTF?

jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member
    @Old Marine

I know of some women that can make a man lose what he learned at home for 17/18 years in 5 minutes

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I don't think my folks talked to my DI's. My Dad was a Marine back in the late 50's and my graduation was the first time he had been back to the Island.

Thats funny

PARENTS, AND DIs ?

In the first place, a parent should never see one of their off-springs DIs, before the kid earns the title, because that would mean that parent also saw the Kid. That, I can tell you from experience, is the worst thing a parent can do to their child. They can go home when the visit is over, but that kid can't!! You have no idea, what that does to one of those young people, to see their Mom and Dad, drive away, just when he was getting accustomed to seeing them again. My Mother abd StepFather, came to PI for Christmas, 1948. While they were there, it was great. When they left, My mind went blank. I was never home-sick until that day, and it was so bad, Sgt Henderson, My Senior DI, took me aside and told me, I had to get it together, fast, os he would have to 'Send me down'. to the next class, coming in. I manned up, but it wasn't easy, and I made it through with no more problems. That day was the worst day of my life, so Old Marine, Sempre Fi!!! KEN

Quote Originally Posted by kenrobg30 View Post
    In the first place, a parent should never see one of their off-springs DIs, before the kid earns the title, because that would mean that parent also saw the Kid. That, I can tell you from experience, is the worst thing a parent can do to their child. They can go home when the visit is over, but that kid can't!! You have no idea, what that does to one of those young people, to see their Mom and Dad, drive away, just when he was getting accustomed to seeing them again. My Mother abd StepFather, came to PI for Christmas, 1948. While they were there, it was great. When they left, My mind went blank. I was never home-sick until that day, and it was so bad, Sgt Henderson, My Senior DI, took me aside and told me, I had to get it together, fast, os he would have to 'Send me down'. to the next class, coming in. I manned up, but it wasn't easy, and I made it through with no more problems. That day was the worst day of my life, so Old Marine, Sempre Fi!!! KEN
    The parents did not see their kids until after the platoon was dismissed on graduation day. The parents, many times asked the question I mentioned and all received the same answer.

Misread, again.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
    The parents did not see their kids until after the platoon was dismissed on graduation day. The parents, many times asked the question I mentioned and all received the same answer.
    If you'd care to check, you'll notice, I didn't mention your BOOTS parents. What I wrote was, general advice, meant to serve those kids, who are going to Boot Camp. I remembered what happened to me, while I was reading your post, OldMarine. My last word, have a nice day. S/F!! KEN

Quote Originally Posted by kenrobg30 View Post
    If you'd care to check, you'll notice, I didn't mention your BOOTS parents. What I wrote was, general advice, meant to serve those kids, who are going to Boot Camp. I remembered what happened to me, while I was reading your post, OldMarine. My last word, have a nice day. S/F!! KEN
    Maybe your post belongs in the POOLEE HALL so the kids can get your opinion.

Have a great day and Semper Fi.

Thread Information