Never Believe it - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    bgsuwoody,
    If your Battalion's and Regiment's...well, FPO, is an active MOTOMAIL address, the folks here, actually, anyone who becomes a free MOTOMAIL member , will be able to write to you and you should get the message in, I believe, 48 hours. If I am not mistaken, pictures can be sent as well. There are limitations of coarse.
    All the best to you and your fellow Marines. Take nothing for granted...ever.
    Adios, for now.
    Gary

Have a safe and good tour Woody. God's Speed.

good luck brother i'll pray for you and your mem and i don't do that for just anyone
    but MARINES aren't just anyone
    SEMPER FI

Well I'll be out the door within the near future, I am on my pre deployment leave (also known as a 96) so its been tough getting my life and my bills together, but I'm managing and am ready to get out there and do that thing.

Should have the re-enlistment package finalized on Monday and will be signing another 4 years away when I hit the Suez. Got a new little plan, and am really excited for it actually.

If I dont get on again. I wish you all well and my boat should have internet so I should be able to give some status reports.

Semper Fi
    Cpl. Woodall

Semper Fi Woody!! Keeping you in my prayers!! Good Luck and stay safe!!
    Lin

Semper Gumby bro ! Stay safe !

Marine Free Member Kenneth Havelka's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    God Bless you and your 3/8 Battalion.You'll be in my prayers.
    Semper Fi

Credits
    Savings
    Stay safe Woody, you'll be in my prayers.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    26th MEU deploys early to provide aid to Pakistan

August 26, 2010 4:16 AM
    SUZANNE ULBRICH
    Updated at 4:08 p.m.

Nathan Anderson will miss his honeymoon and the birth of his first child in March.

The sergeant with Battalion Landing Team 3/8 will instead be providing humanitarian aid to Pakistan as his unit shipped out a month early for deployment with the 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit Thursday.

He and wife, Cpl. Jessica Anderson, of Marine Wing Support Squadron 272 aboard New River Air Station, said “I do” at the Onslow County Magistrate Office Saturday. It wasn’t the big wedding they planned for Sept. 10, but it’s what their duty calls for.

“We’ll … deal with it,” said Sgt. Anderson as he headed out for his third deployment.

Cpl. Anderson said the celebrations would wait until her new husband returns.

“We’ll (have the wedding and the honeymoon and celebrate the birth) when he gets home,” she said.

More than 2,000 troops from Camp Lejeune will deploy over the next few days in support of humanitarian aid missions in Pakistan. Much of the country was flooded by monsoon rains that began in mid-July.

26th MEU Marines and sailors will board the Kearsarge Amphibious Ready Group in Norfolk, according to officials.

Marines will support relief efforts in coordination with Pakistan’s government, other U.S. government agencies and non-governmental organizations. The MEU’s capabilities will allow Marines to provide food, water, transportation and other relief support to those seeking aid.

“This is an opportunity for 26th MEU Marines and sailors to help a key partner nation,” said Col. Mark J. Desens, 26th MEU commanding officer. “We have a versatile flexible force that we will use to alleviate suffering of the Pakistani citizens affected by this disaster.”

The troops have been trained to do a lot of different things, said 1st Lt. Dennis Dunbar, and are prepared to do whatever is asked.

“Once we get on the ship we’ll hit the deliberate planning part,” he said.

Leaving a month early was “definitely hard,” said Cpl. Tyler Horton, as he held his 4-month-old daughter Lillian. His first deployment was June 2009 to Afghanistan.

“You’ve got to do what you’ve got to do,” he said.

Following assistance in Pakistan, 26th MEU will continue its originally scheduled deployment supporting commanders in the Mediterranean and Arabian Sea regions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More than 2,000 troops from Camp Lejeune will deploy in support of humanitarian aid missions in Pakistan.

Marines and sailors with 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit will depart the base beginning today to board the ships of Kearsarge Amphibious Ready Group in Norfolk, according to unit officials. The Marines will continue to board personnel and equipment throughout the weekend.

The early deployment will fulfill a Department of Defense requirement to depart before the end of the month.

Much of Pakistan was flooded by monsoon rains earlier this month.

Following assistance in Pakistan, 26th MEU will continue its originally-scheduled deployment supporting commanders in the Mediterranean and Arabian Sea regions.

woody, Good luck brother and watch where you walk,If you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by brian0351 View Post
    your going to help the country where Osama bin Laden actually is!
    Maybe the MF'er drowned!

Good luck Woody -- do good and come back safe.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tdrt View Post
    Maybe the MF'er drowned!

Good luck Woody -- do good and come back safe.
    Bin Laden drowning in pig crap would be Justice!

Keep an eye on your Marines, Woody! Keep them out of those Pakistani Strip Clubs and tattoo parlors. Fair winds and following seas, Semper Fi!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    My prayers are with you Woody. Be safe.

Simper Fi

3/8 and 1/8 leaving at the sametime. I'll be a country over stay safe and Semper Fi'

Hope you brought something to keep you entertained. You probably won't make it off ship in Pakistan.

Thread Information