Aviation Ordnance - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by WXSgt View Post
    aviation support? airfield services is more than CFR its also expeditionary airfield(they make forward airfields)
    I meant to say that he said I am Aviation Support. My MOS will be either AVIATION ORDNANCE or Airfield Service.

David,
    Whatever job you get in the Marines.... just be damn proud of what you do and know there are NO small, unimportant jobs.... only small, unimportant people.

Take pride in what you do and you will fulfill the Marine Corps needs and requirements.

Good luck to you.

ok cool sorry to get ya all worried wanted to make sure you had the best contract option for what you wanted as if you had gotten AF, the one i had, there is a much lower chance of ordinance. but im glad that you will get what you wanted.

Thanks to you both! Now I am trying to make sure all my background bullshet is on file so I don't get fraudulent enlistment.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Now that there's an Ordie in the house...................I went through a very long time ago but, this is how it went for me.

I was a 6541 (Aviation Ordnance Armament Repair Technician). My A School was in Millington, TN - my certificate has a graduation date of 6 November 84 - I graduated boot camp 25 July 84 - so I must have gotten to Millington around 2nd week in August 84. I remember after we graduated, we had to stay a couple of extra days for some Corrosion Control nonsense and then to NAS Mayport for Top Secret $h!t that, if I tell you, somebody will have to help me get rid of your body.

That particular school only lasted maybe 6 weeks or so. Since I was going to be a 41, the Corps had the option of sending me to another school in New River or Cherry Point or sending me straight to my Unit (H&MS - which is MALS now, I think - 11 Ordnance) at El Toro in CA for 6 months OJT. They chose the 6 month road for me.

In the 6500 Field you could either do maintenance on the racks, build the bombs or work on the flight line loading them up on (insert whatever type jet - for me it was F18's) Squadron. We didn't find out what those last 2 numbers were until we got done with school if I remember correctly.

But, like I said...............that was a long time ago and so much has changed.

Thanks Marine84!!

how many of you iyaoyas kids signed up to be a firefighter?? ha the big green weenie lol. you want a fire hose they hand you a bomb.

Thread Information