What Service Branch thats right for me
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What Service Branch thats right for me

I know I've heard the call to serve, my intrest with the military has become an obsession, a lifestyle. I'll cut to the chase, I don't know exactly where my services may be needed best. I don't care about any harsh conditions that come with the job to any service branch, whether it be the harsh desert envioment of the Marine Corps or the luxurie of the Air Force.

I'm still new to this site, but if this is where Veterns acturally come on, I need your advice. What compelled you to join the Corps and would you think I'm worthy, privleged enough to join the few and the poud?

Thanks for your help

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I'm a vet,,, so you asked. Are you worthy? If you have to ask,,,,You are not.

As for me, My Dad was a medic in WW2, My uncle served with Gen Patton, My other uncle serve with Chesty, My brother was a Marine in Vetnam, I was in a fameily that believed that duty to ones Country was expected, I was brought up that was so I elisted in 1973, and was vary happy to have erned the title U. S. Marine, as did my Daughter, and My Son is going to joine as soon as he gets his Deploma.

If you are considering the Marine Corps, just remember one Thing, no mater what anyone tell you what boot camp is going to be like you will still be shocked and probebly will wonder what the hell you got youself into just like I did and just about everybody else did

you need to fill out your profile first. and since sparkie said you are not worthy, that may be a reason why! do more research on the military to see which would most fit you!

The males in my family have always been Marines. I knew I would join from the time I was old enough to understand the concept of the Marine Corps.

For you, it boils down to this. If you want to become a whole new person...with focus and direction.... join the Marines. You will learn about Pride, Tradition, Loyalty, and Honor. You will truthfully be the one of the best. You will work damn hard to earn the title. You will become part of a family that dates back to 1775. If that interests you... go talk to a recruiter.

If that sounds like too much.... you can choose from the following.

The Air Force - Not very physical. Not much discipline but it is the military, I think. Best Bases, newest equipment, and barracks that are damn near condos. Promotions tend to be pretty quick if you look pretty in your uniform and can pass an occasional test. Pride in service develops slowly.... usually starting at 16 years. You will hear many say they are Ex-Air Force.

The Navy - Like the water? More physical than the Air Force but not alot. More discipline than AF. Life on the water sucks huge. Floats tend to be 6 months but you get liberty at various places around the world. Many bases are old but you don't tend to stay there long.... before you go on a boat again. Promotions tend to be slow. You will hear many say they are Ex-Navy. An exception to all the above is the Corpsmen. They are Marines who happen to be in the Navy.

The Army - Less physical than the Marines. Less discipline than the Marines but more than AF and Navy. Have some nice locations for bases. You will get a medal for everything from graduating Basic, to finishing a school, and I think for cleaning your ears. So... no matter what you do... you will have ribbons and medals to make you look like a war hero. Promotions occur on a schedule if you do your job properly. You will hear many say they are Ex-Army.

There is no such thing as an Ex-Marine. If you earn the title and serve honorably.... you are a Marine forever. You have to earn each and every promotion you get. The Marines don't give promotions just because you have been around for x number of years. You will be tested to make sure you can qualify on the rifle range yearly and tested that you are physically fit quarterly...at a minimum. Can you hack it?

I was in the Marines.

I have an Uncle who is a Colonel in the Air Force. Currently working at the Pentago.

I have a cousin who is an e-5 in the Navy. He serves aboard submarines.

My father is a retired Army LtCol who started out in Air Defense and switchted to Military Intelligence.

USMC - Hardest initial training by far. Require a lot more leadership from Enlisted and NCOs than any other branch. Most prestigious and respected branch.

Air Force - There's a reason it's called the Air Farce and Chair Force, but don't let that fool you. The USAF is by far the best Air Force in the world.

Navy - If you don't like ships or crowded spaces don't join. If you really want to be a sailor do join. Don't join thinking that you're going to be a SEAL though. Provides medical and religious support for the Marines.

Army - Currently in a serious decline. The Army my father joined in 1983 is nothing like the Army of today. Less disciplined, less restrictions, and less reliant on Enlisted and NCOs to fill leadership positions. An E7 (GySgt) in the Marines has much more responsibility than an E7 (SFC) in the Army. Has a lot more jobs than the Marine Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by Malone View Post
    I'll cut to the chase, I don't know exactly where my services may be needed best.
    What can you do for the Corps?

Go be a Corpsman and go for a MOS of 8404, a corpsman is a Medic in the army. You see it is this way when your a corpsman then you are a Marine and as for boot camp in the Navy is easy but Field Medical Service School is where you learn to be a corpsman and the benefit of being a Marine.

I'm was with the Marines for three years and I was the only one who could call a Marine a Jar-head. You build a bond with these men in your company and when I left Nam I missed the friends that I had made.

So this way you are both a Marine and a Navy there are only 5 corpsman to a company you would be among the elite of the Navy and Marines. The marines will take good care of you and if you earn their respect they will be gladly to call you DOC.

Quote Originally Posted by MeierT View Post
    Navy - If you don't like ships or crowded spaces don't join. If you really want to be a sailor do join. Don't join thinking that you're going to be a SEAL though. Provides medical and religious support for the Marines.
    The Navy does more then cruise around on ships and hand out penicilin and motrin to Marines, we also have many Intel, Crypto, Construction, Aviation, Military Law Enforcement, Special Warfare, and Nuclear Engineering rates as well as Medical and Religious rates.

I say if you have to ask, join the Salvation Army. They need folks like you. I heard promotions are fast, pvt to Col. in 6 months but thats hearsay.

Marine Free Member AAV Crewchief's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Malone View Post
    I know I've heard the call to serve, my intrest with the military has become an obsession, a lifestyle. I'll cut to the chase, I don't know exactly where my services may be needed best. I don't care about any harsh conditions that come with the job to any service branch, whether it be the harsh desert envioment of the Marine Corps or the luxurie of the Air Force.

I'm still new to this site, but if this is where Veterns acturally come on, I need your advice. What compelled you to join the Corps and would you think I'm worthy, privleged enough to join the few and the poud?

Thanks for your help
    Gonna nitpick you to death asshat....because you are not worthy...
    1) Luxurie? WTF? Where did you learn to spell?
    2) Luxurie? of the Air Force? What the fukk would you know about it? How many bare bases have you been to where people took water bottle showers and used cut 55 gal drums for ****ters and then someone in the "LUXURIE" was assigned to do the duty of burning said **** with jet or diesel fuel?
    3) Veterns? WTF is a "veterns"? Jeez you spell like old people hump...
    4) You haven't heard a call to serve anyone but yourself. If I find you I will make you look like you have jack-o-lantern teeth.

You're not privileged enough to do about jack ****.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by DrZ View Post

The Air Force - Not very physical. Not much discipline but it is the military, I think. Best Bases, newest equipment, and barracks that are damn near condos. Promotions tend to be pretty quick if you look pretty in your uniform and can pass an occasional test. Pride in service develops slowly.... usually starting at 16 years. You will hear many say they are Ex-Air Force.
    You can call it the CHAIR FORCE if you want, but that occasional test be it AFSC related is called a task eval, happens quite frequently, and WAPS testing is hard as hell. And if promotions were so easy, then why can you make E-5 and get to retire with that rank? There's no other service that allows E-5s to do 20 and that is because promotions are HARD to come by.

Quote Originally Posted by Integrity57 View Post
    The Navy does more then cruise around on ships and hand out penicilin and motrin to Marines, we also have many Intel, Crypto, Construction, Aviation, Military Law Enforcement, Special Warfare, and Nuclear Engineering rates as well as Medical and Religious rates.
    That's very true, Petty Officer, but there's always the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by DrZ View Post
    The males in my family have always been Marines. I knew I would join from the time I was old enough to understand the concept of the Marine Corps.

For you, it boils down to this. If you want to become a whole new person...with focus and direction.... join the Marines. You will learn about Pride, Tradition, Loyalty, and Honor. You will truthfully be the one of the best. You will work damn hard to earn the title. You will become part of a family that dates back to 1775. If that interests you... go talk to a recruiter.

If that sounds like too much.... you can choose from the following.

The Navy - Like the water? More physical than the Air Force but not alot. More discipline than AF. Life on the water sucks huge. Floats tend to be 6 months but you get liberty at various places around the world. Many bases are old but you don't tend to stay there long.... before you go on a boat again. Promotions tend to be slow. You will hear many say they are Ex-Navy. An exception to all the above is the Corpsmen. They are Marines who happen to be in the Navy.

The Army - Less physical than the Marines. Less discipline than the Marines but more than AF and Navy. Have some nice locations for bases. You will get a medal for everything from graduating Basic, to finishing a school, and I think for cleaning your ears. So... no matter what you do... you will have ribbons and medals to make you look like a war hero. Promotions occur on a schedule if you do your job properly. You will hear many say they are Ex-Army.

There is no such thing as an Ex-Marine. If you earn the title and serve honorably.... you are a Marine forever. You have to earn each and every promotion you get. The Marines don't give promotions just because you have been around for x number of years. You will be tested to make sure you can qualify on the rifle range yearly and tested that you are physically fit quarterly...at a minimum. Can you hack it?
    Right on brother.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by irpat54 View Post
    As for me, My Dad was a medic in WW2, My uncle served with Gen Patton, My other uncle serve with Chesty, My brother was a Marine in Vetnam, I was in a fameily that believed that duty to ones Country was expected, I was brought up that was so I elisted in 1973, and was vary happy to have erned the title U. S. Marine, as did my Daughter, and My Son is going to joine as soon as he gets his Deploma.

If you are considering the Marine Corps, just remember one Thing, no mater what anyone tell you what boot camp is going to be like you will still be shocked and probebly will wonder what the hell you got youself into just like I did and just about everybody else did
    Hey,

My grandfather served with Patton as well. COOL!

Thread Information