Security Forces MOS
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered User Free Member alanUSMCDEP03's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Security Forces MOS

Does anyone have any info about Security Forces? I would like to know where some Marines w/ Security Forces info have been stationoned.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Go ahead

here are the basics, you have to be infantry to be security forces, so you'll go through SOI and become a regular infantryman, not a POGue. Then you'll go to MCSF training company for 2 months, after that you'll go to a Marine Corps Security Force company. MCSF company's are stationed on Navy bases only. some company's deploy, MCSF units deploy to differant areas. And MCSF went to Liberia and stayed during the thick of things and even after the MEU left. You get to qual with the M9 pistol and shoot the newest Benelli M1014 shotgun. Any other questions?

Ah! Rota - have fun but keep your nose clean. I was at Marine Barracks in Norfolk from 85-88. In 88 it was changed from Barracks Duty to MCSF.

Registered User Free Member 1recon's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Hi, I'm a new member here at leatherneck and I was wondering is the MCSF the same as the Marine Corps Embassy Guard?

I was also thinking of going security forces. I was especially interested because of the possibility of FAST company and going through cqb school. What I was wondering is will I be sitting in a room all day staring at a monitor? and what would the chances be of me going to Iraq? I hear they're starting to send the Marines back over. Just to clarify I'm not trying to avoid Iraq I'd really rather go over.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Security Forces is not an MOS!!!! it is part of the duties associated with 0300 Occ Fld. Remember the enlistment option for Security Forces only gets you a two-year assignment in security forces, then it's back to an infantry unit in the operational forces.

MSG (Marine Security Guard) duty is not part of the Security Force option. MSG is a secondary MOS that Marines can volunteer for, but not enlist for. Marines from any MOS can opt for MSG duty.

1RECON, where are you from??? Send me a PM with reply!

SF,

SIXGUNS

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Omega,

Shouldn't you worry about getting into the DEP first??? Then you need to get through recruit training and then MCT before you start worrying about SOI and the chance to go to MCSF training?

Remember in order to get a guarantee, you need to be accepted for enlistment. Why not start with getting in. Go talk to a recruiter and find out the process to do that.

SF,

SIXGUNS

I'm in the process of getting dep'd in they're having a problem with slots this time of year. I may have to go to another recruiting station.

Yes I am worried about the rest but I also like to plan ahead and know what I'm in for before I sign up for something. Because as I see it once I say I want this it's going to be hard to change my mind later. For example before making my decision to enlist I talked to members of all the different services(such as recruiters family members and friends.), read books, and researched on websites such as this one.

I know someone that was in security forces and fast. But it's been hard to get in contact with this person lately. So I thought I'd ask about this since I had an interest. I'm sorry if I was out of line.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Originally posted by Omega
    I'm in the process of getting dep'd in they're having a problem with slots this time of year. I may have to go to another recruiting station.
    Problems with slots? Go to another Recruiting Station? Aren't all the recruiters and recruiting stations part of the same Marine Corps? Why would one RS not be able to enlist you, but another one can? Do you need a waiver? Did you pass the ASVAB?

I don't ever remember a situation where I couldn't find room to enlist an applicant and had to send him off to another RS.

firstsgtmike
    Guest Free Member
    Except for Reserves in specific Reserve units, ALL available Regular slots are available on a first come first served basis. No (regular) Recruiter can bank/reserve any available MOS.

Save your plane fare. Billet openings are the same on either coast. The most you will gain is your choice of boot camps, MCRD or PISC. (and you pay your own transportation back to your Recruiting Station).

Billeting slots are assigned to Districts. For example. 12th MCD covers eight states. In a crunch, one District HQ MAY call upon another (the only time I ever heard that was when a female required an immediate shipping date.)

I enlisted several people because of the "broken" promises made by recruiters in the "other" services.

And for them, a broken promise was the best thing that ever happened to them in their lives.

They were able to become MARINES!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Even if it were a reserve slot, an RS can swap a QSN for a reserve opening with another RS for a reserve QSN or Regular shipper. There must be some reason why they are telling you there is no room or slots available. It just doesn't sound right. This is the best time of year to enlist and the best time for availability of ship dates! Ah, directs! Nothing like a direct shipper. Here today, gone tomorrow.

Registered User Free Member CPLRapoza's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Although the answer to the question has already been answered, i would just like to add on. No Security Forces has nothing to do with the MSG Program. Currently I am apart of the MSG program and if you would like to no more about it it whether your an active-duty Marine or still a wannabee, just ask and I''' give you the stink of it.

Semper Fi!!!

Yes I passed the asvab I scored 78 with a gt of 120. NO medical problems NO legal problems NO tattoos and I'm not obese. I've not yet gone for the medical but I'm confident I'll pass it.

Here's what I was told. I am a tear2 (tere?) I was told my recruiter was givenx X ammount of slots for a tear 2. then lately his major took one of those slots away. in anticipation of people dropping out of highschool after feb. he said he would try and convince the major to give me the slot. He also gave me the option of going reserves. I told him I wasn't interested in the reserves. he also said I could go tear1 by getting 15 college credits the easiest way to do this would be to clep out of some courses at the local community college. But they're 75 bucks a pop and each test gives you about 3 credit hours meaning 5 tests meaning 375 bucks. which is a chunk of change to put up before jan. which is when I was trying to ship out. does any of this sound right to you?

Bump... any of this sound right to you?

Registered User Free Member alanUSMCDEP03's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Thanks for all the info. I didn't know about the 2-year thing Sixguns, thanx for the heads up. I was told I could be stationed in places like Iceland, Bahrain, and other remote countries. I also would like to know any action anyone's been involved w/ in Security Forces. I took this job b/c I wanted some, so I would like to know if it's true that it's just boring work standing around guarding nukes, like some people have told me.

Thread Information