Create Post
    Credits
    Savings

Undisciplined Afghans Endanger Marjah Marines

"Notice The Date"

Undisciplined Afghans endanger Marjah Marines

By Dan Lamothe - Staff writer
    Posted : Wednesday Jun 23, 2010 9:18:21 EDT

MARJAH, Afghanistan — Many Afghan National Army troops who work and patrol with U.S. Marines are considered a nuisance at best and a danger at worst.

Many refuse to go on patrol, smoke hashish and sleep while on guard — just a few things they do that would have any Marine in hot water.

But Marines aren’t universally down on the ability of Afghan security forces, who are partnered with each Marine unit in Helmand province. Some say they have met good Afghan soldiers who fight with courage, take pride in their work and are proficient with weapons ranging from the 5.56mm M249 squad automatic weapon to rocket-propelled grenade launchers.

But the general consensus from rank and file infantrymen is that for every good ANA soldier, there are at least five or six who are lazy, incompetent or both.
    http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news...e_ana_062110w/

Credits
    Savings

Escaped detainee was under Afghan control

By Dan Lamothe - Staff writer
    Posted : Tuesday Aug 10, 2010 11:03:54 EDT

A detainee who killed two Marines on Saturday escaped from a room at an Afghan-controlled detention center and obtained a rifle before opening fire on Marines and Afghan security forces who gave chase, a Marine spokesman said.

The incident occurred at Forward Operating Base Musa Qala District Center. Marines based there with 1st Battalion, 2nd Marines, out of Camp Lejeune, N.C., responded to capture the fleeing detainee, said 1st Lt. Joshua Benson, a Marine spokesman in Afghanistan.

The detainee opened fire on U.S. and Afghan forces, killing two Marines and a contractor and wounding four more Marines and an Afghan National Police officer, Benson said. The detainee was then killed by small-arms fire.
    http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/2010/08/marine_detainee_escape_081310w/

The first one is my platoon lol. I remember these reporters. ANA can be retarded but, they fight and die right next to us. During my 7 months I can say that ANA have saved my azz in more than one way multiple times. There are dumb as*es too, don't get me wrong. They are good some clearing houses...ANA lead the way HOOAH

Ana

Our First batch during the initial push in the city was awesome and fearless than everytime new ones rotated in they got worse and worse and enventually when they started to get wounded and killed they refuse to patrol.The ANCOP was probably the worse i ever met though they sucked at everything and just got high everyday.

Thread Information