Terminal Lance
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Terminal Lance

Terminal Lance

Hello Leatherneck, I'm just trying to gather opinions on my site.

I'm Max, the creator of Terminal Lance. I was just wondering what kind of opinions you guys had on the comic and news posts. I figured I'd ask the large community of Marines here to see what they think.

For those of you unfamiliar with it, check it out at:

http://******************

In before
    Fill out your profile

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Max is gonna kick your ass.

I like the comics, I wasn't a grunt but still understand the situations. I was (AM) a terminal Lance, all it took was saying something just a bit sideways to the srong Top on the wrong day (we were probably both hung-over), and hello non-rec for the next round of promotions before cutting score went thru the roof. I like the site (I'm a member, I bet you can figger out which), and the concept, but the LN bashing is pretty juvenile and uncalled-for. BUT, there is a definite generation gap between the predominant age groups of the two sites. I kinda don't like it when dickhead kids bash the, "old fogies," and do the, "herp-derp," routine, but we old farts know the kids aren't going to listen, because we have the benefit of having been on both sides of the fence. We were young boneheads once, hopefully we gained a little maturity, but we still have the Marine mentality, and when some little sh!t starts mouthing off, what do you think's gonna happen? Ahh, fvck it, I'm ready for some rack time, I'm out for now. Kudos for coming here and asking how older Marines feel about the comic, whatever anyone thinks, that took some stones (if you're really Max).

PS If you post stuff in Chesty's Hooch, we can say naughty words and it's a Marine only forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkyker View Post
    Max is gonna kick your ass.
    The profile was made right when Max posted on TL that he was making a profile...

Max, dude, i can already hear the clippers buzzing up the Leatherneck high and tights hahahahaha

I stopped at the Dependamopotumus cause it was souring my root beer float

Quote Originally Posted by SlingerDun View Post
    Max, dude, i can already hear the clippers buzzing up the Leatherneck high and tights hahahahaha

I stopped at the Dependamopotumus cause it was souring my root beer float
    I firmly believe the High and Tight to be the most atrocious thing anyone can do to a man's hair.

Credits
    Savings
    TL doesnt appear tobe all that bad of a read for us who can.
    visitors arent able to view user profiles on TL, unlike here so you can see who or what is posting .
    the view system for your cartoon is a pain in the a$$ to view for those of us who are using a string and papercup.
    You've got some good squared away people on TL, same as here. Some Dummies, wannabees, trolls, and tarbabies. same as here.
    Overall, not a bad site. Same as here. "Aint nothin' Perfect" unless we do it ourself and are happy with it.

I couldnt do as well. Its a hell ofa good job Marine.
    SemperFidelis.

Dude Max I follow that **** daily! Your work is amazing when you get out to the bay area we got to go bar hopping.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by m14ed View Post
    TL doesnt appear tobe all that bad of a read for us who can.
    visitors arent able to view user profiles on TL, unlike here so you can see who or what is posting .
    the view system for your cartoon is a pain in the a$$ to view for those of us who are using a string and papercup.
    You've got some good squared away people on TL, same as here. Some Dummies, wannabees, trolls, and tarbabies. same as here.
    Overall, not a bad site. Same as here. "Aint nothin' Perfect" unless we do it ourself and are happy with it.

I couldnt do as well. Its a hell ofa good job Marine.
    SemperFidelis.
    Thank you for the kind words.

To address your first paragraph though: I don't think requiring members to fill out personal information is necessary to have them participate in a good discussion.

As for the string and paper cup comment: to be blunt, I have no idea what that means. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Terminal Lance View Post
    As for the string and paper cup comment: to be blunt, I have no idea what that means. Sorry.
    I believe it means Land Line (slow ass dial up)

Cool Website!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Terminal Lance View Post
    I firmly believe the High and Tight to be the most atrocious thing anyone can do to a man's hair.
    no worse than getting a horse shoe!

I think it is a great idea. A lot of us here are stuck in looking back with pride and we recall the good times and good people. I know 50% of it sucked in some way when I really think about it and dredge up memories.

Your site lets the guys going through the crap now or in the recent past discuss the bad times as much as the good.

I like the TL site, gives me some good laughs from time to time. Aside from the actual site, it's good to see another Marine putting some tallent to work and creating something that could turn out to be a good business in the future.

Thread Information