Friends in Fatigues?
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Friends in Fatigues?

I suspect that this might stir up a beehive. So this should be fun. I'll try to keep this short and sweet. I signed an open contract, but the Corps has "too many Marines" and I'm "too much paperwork". Health issues kept me from signing up when I graduated High School, and now that they're cleared up, I can't get in.

I'm making a point to live my life so that the Marines I do know would say "He'd have made a hell of a Marine." One of the ways I'm trying to do that is to show proper respect for the Corps.

Now that you have a background on me, here is the situation, I found a military surplus store that sells Marpat cammies. As much as I'd love to have a pair for camping and hunting, I realized that this could be disrespectful to those who have earned the right. I would never wear a uniform, but the cammies seems like more of a grey area. So let me know what you think. Thanks again for all that you do. My prayers are with you always.

You're posting in the wrong forum. This part of the forum is for Marines only....and you've got no profile.

Ok, tell me where it should go and I'll put it there. I'm also looking for a way to delete it.

I don't know of anything that legally could keep you from wearing cammies. It's your choice as a civilian... Just don't go around telling people you're a jarhead and you shouldn't have any issues.

Has nothing to do with legality. It's out of respect. If you, as a Marine, think it is no big deal, then that is all I'm looking for. I'm no Jarhead, I will never say I am one, and I have huge respect for those who are. I also have no intention of wearing cammies outside of a camping/hunting environment.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Just go to freakin bass pro shops and get a pair of their camo clothing. WTF? Do you really need a set of ohh rahh I love the Marine Corps cammies to make your life complete?

Get a giant EGA tatooed on your back and tell all your friends coulda woulda shoulda.

Bulkyker,
    Thanks for trolling, it's much appreciated.
    Take care of yourself Sgt.

If you can find the copy of MARPAT (fake MARPAT) without the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor on the breast pocket, in the digital pattern, and cover, I see no problem with it. I believe SGT Grit was selling it at one time.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Aitsu83 View Post
    Bulkyker,
    Quote Originally Posted by Aitsu83 View Post
    Thanks for trolling, it's much appreciated.
    Take care of yourself Sgt.

The Mighty Quinn was not trolling.

He, unlike someone else, is not whining either.

Go buy some Marpat cammies. Wear them.

Tattoo an EGA on your forehead.

Who gives a rats ass.

Just remember, iffen a REAL Marine calls you out, you will be the one looking like a troll, coulda woulda shoulda beena wannabee.

About a year ago I was traveling on Ortega Hwy from Lake Elsinore to Mission Viejo and there was a construction worker wearing a pair of MARPAT trousers, along with a hard hat and an orange vest. For a split-second I thought about yelling out the window something along the lines of "you don't rate". Looking back on the situation I'm glad I kept my mouth shut. It would've been stupid to say anything because that guy has every right to choose to wear what he wants. At this point I could give a rats a$$ about someone wearing parts & pieces of the Marine Corps uniform. As long as you're not a poser it's all good.
    Do I think you going out and buying knock off cammies is a show of respect? No, not by a long shot.

No the respect thing is NOT buying them. For some reason several people seem to be missing this. I found genuine marpats for sale, and wanted to know if Marines would find it disrespectful for a civilian to be wearing them. I'm reluctant to purchase them specifically because I have so much respect for the Corps. I'm glad you guys do what you do, and I just wish they needed more Marines. My friends in the Corps expressed sympathies, they know I haven't been able to join before now, and that now that I am able to they have more Marines than they know what to do with.

Credits
    Savings
    Just who in the **** are you?

Quote Originally Posted by BigAlHolmes165 View Post
    Just who in the **** are you?
    Someone who seems to be giving you a bad day.

Credits
    Savings
    Nope.

You disrespected a friend of mine and a Marine.

Bad day? Ha, you squirreled out of Boot. You have no clue of bad days.

Go basic.

I was actually trying to get you to fill out a profile.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Seriously if you want to wear comoflouge gear then take a shopping to trip to cabellas or gander mountain or bass pro shops. You don't need mar pat cammo. Are you gonna wear it while you rob a grocery store or something?

Plenty of camo clothing available without needing the USMC signature on it.

Thread Information