Locked Knees True? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You watch the most disciplined group you can find in a parade or retirement or change of command etc. Almost indetectable shifting of weight from one foot to the other. Standing for an hour listening to a general mumble chit into a microphone and with locked knees you will fall out.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Here we go. Locked knees on a hot day. Scots Guardsman out for the count during a rehearsal for the Queen's Birthday Parade (Trooping the Colour).

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    Here we go. Locked knees on a hot day. Scots Guardsman out for the count during a rehearsal for the Queen's Birthday Parade (Trooping the Colour).
    I bet the guards there are all laughing inside there head knowing they can't move to help him yup. lol

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by almostaPOOLEE View Post
    I bet the guards there are all laughing inside there head knowing they can't move to help him yup. lol

No, I'll bet they weren't. What they were probably thinking was, "There but for the Grace of God, go I." It isn't funny at all.

The Brits always have medics and stretcher bearers at these parades. They'll pick him up and the rest of the troops cover down. Then it's silver bullet time.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Watched a Marine from the silent drill platoon at belleau wood flop over and do the chicken dance. He magically disappeared. Another Marine took his place. Cpl chevrons on the replacement. He knew the drill better than the drill master and they never missed a beat. I'm sure there was a little hazing going on later for falling out.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    No, I'll bet they weren't. What they were probably thinking was, "There but for the Grace of God, go I." It isn't funny at all.

The Brits always have medics and stretcher bearers at these parades. They'll pick him up and the rest of the troops cover down. Then it's silver bullet time.
    Not good.

It happens, reminds me of an incident I had. Not about locked knees, but funny none the less. Here it goes, was on the Ramp, at 2nd AA Bn for our Sergeant Major change over. Had last minute to prepare coming off leave, did the change over in Cammies, LBV, Rifle, and Turtle Shell. Well I didn't have time to go get the foam donout for my Turtle Shell. At that time I kept my hair razored on the sides, and super short on top, so short you could see the gleam of my scalp. Needless to say 5 minutes into the change over, and the Bn. Commander talking I ended up hurting alot. Standing there wanting to scream from the pain of the netting cutting into the top of my dome. By the time it was all said, and done and got back to the barracks I had a ring imprinted on the top of my head. It ended up bleeding, and scabbing over. Had to keep ice on it for a day to relieve the pain. Moral of the story buy a helmet donout its your best friend, and yeah don't lock your knees.

Thread Information