Favre not Returning
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member

Favre not Returning

Many of you scoffed at our report of uneasiness in Mankato regarding the Brett Favre situation.

Scoff no more.

Judd Zulgad of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune reports that Favre began telling team officials on Monday night that he will not return for another season. The disclosure comes on the heels of an observation from Zulgad that team "ownership and power brokers" held a meeting at practice that "looked very intense."

Zulgad also reports that Favre plans to issue a press release later today. Apparently, Favre's injured ankle "has not responded" after surgery and rehab.

Jay Glazer of FOX also reports that Favre has begun communicating the message to teammates.

We've been insisting that, before Favre returns, he needs to persuade everyone that he won't return. Just like he did last year.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...not-returning/

Good news !!

I'm a GREEN BAY PACKERS Fan, and a fan of Brett Favre , and I hope he means it this time. He has been, and I think, still is, one of rhe greats. I'd like to see him leave with his head high, knowing that it's going to take a hell of a Quarter-Back to fill his shoes. S/F!! Ken

Credits
    Savings

Me...I'm glad he is gone! I was sick and tired of hearing about if he's staying or going every single day. Now that "drama queen" can go get a job on the NFL Network

What is this, like, the 20th time he's said this????????
    We shall see. That guy still has more talent than most rookies, and he has a lot of life left in that arm. I guess we will see.

I hope he comes back, takes a huge sack and breaks both his legs.

Quote Originally Posted by spotts View Post
    I hope he comes back, takes a huge sack and breaks both his legs.
    ...and a whole bunch of ribs, and his grape. And I want AJ Hawk or Nick Barnett to deliver the hurt.

Marine Free Member AAV Crewchief's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I like Favre. He's been a heck of a player if this is really "quits" for him. It's not like he needs the money and needs the pounding of another season at 40+ years of age. I think he should have let the Vikings know sooner (like before the draft) if this was his intention.

I liked him as a player for a long time. I still appreciate what he did for my team (the Pack), and he's definitely one of the best of all time, and tuff as nails. BUT... the goddammed Prima Donna act soured me on him as a person. The first couple times he did the, "will he, won't he..." jazz, I just had to roll my eyes and be embarrassed. When he b!tched out, quit, but then expected to be hailed as the returning hero and the team to bow down and do whatever he wanted when he came back, that was it. If he didn't want to quit, he shouldn't have quit and said he felt like the team wanted him to. Now I don't believe anything he says, and I don't believe I want him in the HOF wearing a Packers jersey.

I hope no one wanted to watch anything on any of the ESPN's that doesn't involve Farve today.....man do they kill subjects. I hate ESPN...

I agree hussaf...ESPN does suck!

ESPN does suck.

Can't say I didn't have a good time whenever Favre was on the field. Cardinals/Vikings was a great match up last season. He was also gracious when they played GB.

Hope he comes back healthy if at all.

jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 3522 View Post
    I liked him as a player for a long time. I still appreciate what he did for my team (the Pack), and he's definitely one of the best of all time, and tuff as nails. BUT... the goddammed Prima Donna act soured me on him as a person. The first couple times he did the, "will he, won't he..." jazz, I just had to roll my eyes and be embarrassed. When he b!tched out, quit, but then expected to be hailed as the returning hero and the team to bow down and do whatever he wanted when he came back, that was it. If he didn't want to quit, he shouldn't have quit and said he felt like the team wanted him to. Now I don't believe anything he says, and I don't believe I want him in the HOF wearing a Packers jersey.
    I hear that the NY Jets are sending their GM again to the south and see if they can get him to change his mind again

I'm sick of hearing about him. Who gives a crap???

Bring Back Bart Starr !!

THE PEOPLE WHO ARE BAD-MOUTHING FARVE, ARE THE ONES WHOS' TEAMS HE NEVER PLAYED FOR. sOUR GRAPES DO NOT SIT WELL ON THE STOMACH ! S/F!!! kEN

Thread Information