New Orders
Create Post

Thread: New Orders

Credits
    Savings

New Orders

I just got orders to Instructor Battalion (The Basic School) in Quantico. Everyone I've spoken with thus far has said that it's no good, and I won't be able to deploy again. I'm a radio operator, I just wanted to know if the rumors are true. What would be my duties there?

Instructing boots to be officers. No, you will not deploy from there. Are you going as an instructor or as a radio operator attached to the BN?

Bottom line, your function in life will be to train the future leaders of other Marines. Or to assist in their training.

Look at it that way. Most Marines, even officers, remember their trainers/DI's/NCO's who influenced them. "A man is immortal if his name is remembered".

Don't knock it until you've actually done it. Never know, you might just find it's not a bad gig.

Ahhh yes, another Okinawa Marine headed for the dreaded 078 TBS Instructor Battalion. That is where I am, although I am with a different company that what you will be. I can ask some of the RO's here what exactly your duties are, but mostly it will be running support for training which is neither exciting or glamourous. Congrats.

If your looking for more information, hit me up at jahamelink@gmail.com and I'll do my best to answer and questions you have.

Credits
    Savings
    Thanks for your help. It's looking like we'll just support. I'm gonna do my best to try to be a range coach while I'm there. That'll keep me away from SL3 and PM for at least a little bit. I'd rather have the long days than be stuck going through record jackets.

You could also try and become an MAI. It will get you out of the shop to haze some BLT's for a week when they are doing tan belt work.

Thread Information