weather in Parris Island Aug-Nov???
Create Post

weather in Parris Island Aug-Nov???

Hello all Marines who have completed Boot Camp at MCRD Parris Island I was wondering if anyone wanted to share how the weather is down there. I am leaving August 30th and hopefully returning around end of November. I have heard the time I am going to be down there will suck for the weather patterns because as soon as I become used to the Heat its going to get Cold and rainy... Is this true. Please tell me when you experienced?

I went to San Diego, but have lived in Georgia for several years. I believe your hunch is right. You will get used to it because you will have no choice and by the time it gets cold and rainy you will be highly disciplined. It is all about mind over matter, if you dont mind... it dont matter. Stay focused. Think only about the training day you are on. Take each day as it comes and give it your all for that day.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    He said it right...I went in September, and just as we got used to the warm, it would drop to 30 over night...the Crucible was freezing, we woke up in 17 degree weather and it was freezing rain...so, it sucks, but like it was previously said, if you dont mind it dont matter.

Just wake up, wear what your drill instructors tell you to wear, and you'll be fine. It MIGHT be hot, it MIGHT be cold, but it'll still be recruit training and you don't need to worry yourself with the forecast or the Farmer's Almanac, just do what you're told and you'll be fine.

Credits
    Savings

Hot/cool

Went in Aug of 68 until Oct 68. arrival HOT !! Most of Sept HOT ! Then late Sept to Oct hurricane season on the east coast, then when I graduated it was nice and Cool. Do your best ! I doubt you will be too concerned with the weather while your there ! LOL!! Moz

Rest assured that if it's freezing you'll be wearing green on green, and if it's hot you'll be wearing full utilities, sleeves down, with a gortex.

I went in August and graduated in November. August....HOT. November....Cold/ but not freakin absolutely miserable....It'll be nice when you graduate in Alphas, you'll be reasonably warm LOL

weather thought that was my job lol want a brief rofl

Don't worry about bootcamp. It's MCT where you'll freeze your ass off since you're in the field much of the time.

Credits
    Savings

Pneumonia

Quote Originally Posted by 1stRad2671 View Post
    Don't worry about bootcamp. It's MCT where you'll freeze your ass off since you're in the field much of the time.
    Yep !! Caught pneumonia on Nov. 19th 1968 at ITR in the field. Spent time in the hospital at Lejuene. Plenty of shots to the derriere (butt) met a cute Lt. nurse from Kentucky.Set me back about two three weeks.

They are all lying to you. The weather is a continuous 81 degrees day/night. There are no sand fleas, and tobacco is allowed while you're getting internet privileges each evening after eating pizza and drinking beer at the E-Club.

I suggest taking you're Snuggie with you if concerned with getting a chill while hanging after hours with the ladies from the banana boats.

Enjoy.

Thread Information