SgtMaj Michael E Bachus, USMC (Ret)
Create Post

SgtMaj Michael E Bachus, USMC (Ret)

Michael "Mike" Bachus age 55 of Manistee, Michigan died Sat May 22, 2010 in Manistee as the result of a boating accident.

He was born September 2, 1954 in Flint, Michigan and was the son of the late Stewart and Virginia (Saxton) Bachus. Mike was a 1972 graduate of Wayne Memorial High School, where he had played football and wrestled, having received a second place finish in the Michigan State Wrestling Championship during his career. Mike married Nancy Elizabeth Delano on August 26, 1989 in Oceanside, California. He served in the United States Marine Corps for 24 years, retiring as a Sergeant Major on September 20, 1996. During his military career Mike received numerous citations, awards and medals for his faithful service. After retirement from the Marine Corps Mike was employed as a corrections officer at the Oaks Correctional Facility in Manistee, retiring in 2010. He was a "family man" who enjoyed spending time with his family and friends. He had a great love for the outdoors, including hunting, fishing, and camping, which he was very fond of.

He is survived by his wife, Nancy E Bachus of Manistee, MI, three daughters, Valerie Bachus of Columbus, OH, Laura Bachus of Kalamazoo, MI and Rebecca Bachus of Manistee, MI. Two sisters and a brother-in-law, Susan Sheridan of Burke, VA and Barbara and Scott Ferson of Mt. Pleasant, SC, three brothers and three sisters-in-law, Jeff and Jeanne Bachus of Jackson, MI, Chris and Kelly Bachus of Westland, MI, and Corry and Donna Bachus of Canton, MI, his mother-in-law, Ann (Stan) Buck of Raleigh, NC and his father-in-law, Lyle (Barbara) Delano of Hemet, CA. Numerous nieces and nephews also survive him.

Mike was also preceded in death by a sister-in-law, Debbie Bachus, and a brother-in-law, Robert Sheridan.

RIP SgtMaj Bachus.

Rest In Peace Sgtmaj. May God Richley Bless You Nancy And Watch Over You.

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

R.I.P. Marine

SgtMaj Bachus' shadowbox

http://marines.*********************...rson&ID=157874

I don't know why the link won't work on here. The shadowbox is located http://marines.*********************...rson&ID=157874 but ...whatever....links won't work.

For some reason I still can't get it to upload.

His shadowbox is on Together we served. I can't seem to post links on here but if you go to the together we served website and add usmc/servlet/tws.webapp.WebApp?cmd=ShadowBoxReflectionProfile&type=Person&ID=157874&setting=false to it MAYBE you canget it to load. I give up.

Haha bless your heart. I have those problems too. I try to post funny stuff all the time and before it's all over and done with I'm p*ssed off and not laughing anymore. :/

I'll check it out.

He (Sgt,Maj. Bachus) was one of my drill instructor's in the summer of '76, MCRD San Diego, Platoon 3081. I just now found out about his death. RIP Sgt.Maj Bachus. Prayers out to your family.

Dukesix

The D.I.: The Builder of a Few Good Men

Thread Information