how good is a 46 on the asvab
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

how good is a 46 on the asvab

i really want to do UAV for the Marines but idk if my asvab score is good enough i need a GT 105 is that hard to get? if not i have to wait till November to take asvab again. so please give me advice thank you

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    46 is terrible go to the guard!
    Honestly? A 46 isn't to bad be proud of yourself.
    So I'm guessing you want to get a GT score of 105 for Recon correct? But if your true ASVAB score is 46 then your GT score may be higher than 105.

Not as bad as my asvab score. when i took it i just wanted to get out of class for a couple hours so I didn't really pay too much attention to the questions. so i got stuck with a score of 34 and a GT of 100. Jump ten years later took it again in Iraq because I wanted to go EOD, can't remember what the score was but my GT which I needed to raise went to 111. GT for EOD is 110. didn't study for it at all. My advice, don't do what I did!!! lmao

haha i dont want to do recon i want to do UAV unmanned aerial vechicle looks really good career choice for me thats why i was asking how hard it was

Ask your recruiter to get one of the smart people to tutor you. It's not terrible, but 54% of the people who took it did better than you.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by crazymjb View Post
    Ask your recruiter to get one of the smart people to tutor you. It's not terrible, but 54% of the people who took it did better than you.

Mike
    He's right. If you want a specific job in the Corps, you have to make yourself more competitive. Talking to your recruiter is a good way to start. Just don't make the mistake of signing anything that says "Open Contract" which basically dictates your job based on the current needs of the Marine Corps. I had junior Marine that worked for me from my unit that wanted to do Counter Intel; a job which demands a minimum GT score of 110. His was just about 90. His original ASVAB score was somewhere in the mid 40s as yours is. My recommended course of action for him was that he study and retake the ASVAB. He succeeded and is now in an undisclosed location with a full beard.
    I have left a link below for a ASVAB study guide of which you can obtain, study, and prepare for your next testing.

Best of luck!

http://www.google.com/products/catal...CCcQ8wIwAjgA#p

Quote Originally Posted by luis1987 View Post
    haha i dont want to do recon i want to do UAV unmanned aerial vechicle looks really good career choice for me thats why i was asking how hard it was
    UAV unmanned ....

The Marines will provide a new ribbon.... Order of the XBox.

Study.... you are going to have to do better than a 46 to get the best MOS offerings.

Is that score AFQT? If that's the case, my AFQT was 67 (still Cat 1) when I enlisted, but they made me a grunt...

Quote Originally Posted by Kegler300 View Post
    Is that score AFQT? If that's the case, my AFQT was 67 (still Cat 1) when I enlisted, but they made me a grunt...
    yah that was my afqt score was a 46 but yah grunt seems kool but im really interested in UAV

Credits
    Savings
    The downdraft from a 46 will blow your tent down and away.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAlHolmes165 View Post
    The downdraft from a 46 will blow your tent down and away.
    huh

CH46 Sea Knight...

Quote Originally Posted by Kegler300 View Post
    CH46 Sea Knight...

thats so bad ass

Quote Originally Posted by luis1987 View Post
    thats so bad ass
    the 46s are now being retired finally. I'm all for the new V-22 even though its been on the drawing board for over 25 years before taken into combat!

Now this is BAD ASS!!!

komenko I agree...but that's also the bird I will be working on shortly ha

Thread Information