Motorycle Uniform Regs...
Create Post

Exclamation Motorycle Uniform Regs...

Sorry if you see this post in another section, I am trying to get as much feedback as possible.

This is a motorcycle PPE question. I was looking for some guidance/opinions on what is authorized when riding for a few different reasons.

MCO 5100.19E simply states,
    "(e) Properly worn long-sleeved shirt or jacket, longegged
    trousers and full-fingered gloves or mittens."

My question is that if I am going somewhere(on base) on my bike and I am wearing cammies, should I be authorized to...

#1. wear a civilian long sleeve shirt on top of my cammie blouse
    #2. wear a civilian long sleeve shirt instead of my cammie blouse
    #3. or just carry two blouses with me, one with sleeves rolled and rank insignia, the other with unrolled sleeves to thrown on top of the other to keep uniform integrity?

I am asking primarily because I try to keep uniform integrity and I just carry two blouses, however I see many Marines just throwing a civy shirt on top of their cammies which I think should be out regs.

Any opinions?

I personally see more ppl bringing 2 blouses or using their motorcycle jacket. but i agree with you on the point of throwing on a civvy shirt over your blouse is odd and i personally dont like it, but dont see where it is against the order as they allow wear of personal motorcycle jackets. I say either the 2 blouses or a desert gortex jacket that cif issues should be worn.

An interesting question. I don't advocate doing this often, but it might be something to bring up via email to the Marine Corps Uniform Board.

Marine Free Member AAV Crewchief's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by abediah View Post
    Sorry if you see this post in another section, I am trying to get as much feedback as possible.

This is a motorcycle PPE question. I was looking for some guidance/opinions on what is authorized when riding for a few different reasons.

MCO 5100.19E simply states,
    "(e) Properly worn long-sleeved shirt or jacket, longegged
    trousers and full-fingered gloves or mittens."

My question is that if I am going somewhere(on base) on my bike and I am wearing cammies, should I be authorized to...

#1. wear a civilian long sleeve shirt on top of my cammie blouse
    #2. wear a civilian long sleeve shirt instead of my cammie blouse
    #3. or just carry two blouses with me, one with sleeves rolled and rank insignia, the other with unrolled sleeves to thrown on top of the other to keep uniform integrity?

I am asking primarily because I try to keep uniform integrity and I just carry two blouses, however I see many Marines just throwing a civy shirt on top of their cammies which I think should be out regs.

Any opinions?
    1) Buy yourself a Joe Rocket bike jacket. It has elbow, shoulder and spinal protection. Most are very breatheable for summer conditions. It will be good for all occasions.

2) Get a leather jacket with the same sort of protection that the Joe Rocket jackets offer. Leather is WARM WARM WARM in the winter. Your body will thank you...

Commanders have these rules because they are trying to protect their assets (YOU). You do the commander no good if you can't perform your warfighting job due to massive road rash or broken bones. Make sure you have a reflective vest as well.

Thread Information