DQd over scars?
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DQd over scars?

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

DQd over scars?

I spoke to the local Sgt. Recruiter today and completed my ASVAB. However he was unable to give me an interview due to a set a scars on my left forearm. He brought up the Marine Corps tattoo policy, stating that he was unsure if scars fell into this category or not. He asked me to come back the following Monday and speak to the PT leader. The scars were "professionally" done at a local tattoo parlor, quite awhile ago. I am aware of how stupid and sophomoric of me it was to have them done, but lay into me anyways. The recruiter wasn't able to give me much information, only telling me it should be fine as I have already taken steps to remove them, and how it has already nearly faded. He asked a few more Q's, wanting to make sure I didn't do it to my self for some sick fetish, or something along those lines.

Sorry for the bad photo quality, these were taken on a cell phone. As you can (sort of) see from the photos, only a few of the deeper scars remain.

Attached Images Attached Images

How about filling out your profile so the Marines who are going to answer your questions, know who they are talking to.
    I believe the best answers you are going to get are from a recruiter. The Marines here aren't recruiters and can only offer advice.

Good luck to you.

You have got to be kidding me, You paid to have professional scars tattoos put on ?? (Shaking my head)

Credits
    Savings
    All right, filled out my profile. I spoke to a recruiter, he was uncertain on what to do.
    All I am asking for is advice.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Why would the Marines want you if you look like a cutter? That's just messed up. Next time save money, do it yourself.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by FPM View Post
    You have got to be kidding me, You paid to have professional scars tattoos put on ?? (Shaking my head)

I know.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
    Why would the Marines want you if you look like a cutter? That's just messed up. Next time save money, do it yourself.
    I've got many things to offer to the Marines, and I guess I'm just hoping they won't brush me off as a "cutter" when I have never had a suicidal thought in my life.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I've known a few young cutters. Not too stable if you ask me. At best, I bet you have a lot of explaning to do. DQd? I would say that is a strong possibility now a days. I'm bettin you grew a few more brain cells since then. Good luck to ya.

Credits
    Savings
    Yes sir. My main concern is whether or not it would be considered a tattoo.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I would consider the implications worse than a tat. Only your recruiter knows for sure.

What was the design you had done? I can't really distinguish much.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    So what is the newest rock and roll bullcrap today? No stupidity new under the sun.

hahahahahahahahaha that's the third dumbest tat I have ever heard of

That being said, I'm sorry to tell you that waivers for that kind of thing are few and far between. We're overstrength right now...maybe wait until the economy gets better and we invade another country.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FattyTheFerret View Post
    hahahahahahahahaha that's the third dumbest tat I have ever heard of

That being said, I'm sorry to tell you that waivers for that kind of thing are few and far between. We're overstrength right now...maybe wait until the economy gets better and we invade another country.
    Yea,,,, Like Fatty said,,,,,, Wait to join the Space Marines. On the bounce.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by usmchauer View Post
    What was the design you had done? I can't really distinguish much.
    I've been taking measures to remove it. About 90% has now been faded away almost entirely. It originally had been a block of Polynesian pattern, stretching around my arm. It looked awesome for about a week, then I started slowly removing it.

Thread Information