TDRL and MEPS
Create Post

Thread: TDRL and MEPS

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Post TDRL and MEPS

Hello devildogs,

I've been in TDRL for 4yrs now, last summer(09) I was found "fit for duty" I was very excited cause finally I was going back to Parris Island and finish boot. But I hasn't been that easy, I've been working with my recruiter to get all my health record together and finally my packet was send down to the folks at MEPS on June(10) . The thing that worries me is that i haven't heard a word from the folks at MEPS. I'd
    call my recruiter every 3 weeks for any news but nothing, nada, zip!!. My questions is does anyone now how long this process takes.

Thank you in advance

Depends on your reenlistment code; the number of records attached, the backlog at MEPS, nature of the injury or condition.

In short; can't give you a timeframe; keep up on it.

I sent my packet in to MMER at the beginning of the year and just got a notice last week that BCNR now has it.

And being found fit for duty by the PEB does not mean you'll be found fit for duty by MEPS. Have lots and lots and lots of corroborating evidence regarding your condition and fitness.

Credits
    Savings
    My reenlistment code is RE-3P, I send a dictionary thick size of medical records, my injury is a Right knee ACL tear( basically my ligaments snap). On a side note the doctor the found me fit wrote on my dictation that my knee was stronger and that I have been working out and maintaining
    lots of physical activity( run, lift weights,play sports)
    hopefully it will give me points with the docs at
    Meps

Its all a waiting game....

You're still gonna need a waiver for the 3P which will add time to it. Trying to get the 3P changed takes a lot of time. It all takes a lot of time.

Hurry up and wait some more.

Credits
    Savings
    LoL!!! I have a very tight grip on time... I won't let go!!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Hey NoRemorse I want to show an email that the folks up in HQMC send to my recruiter about bieng disqualified from meps, the point being is that I can't get DQ if it pertains to my original injury. Other than that meps can
    DQ.

Here's a copy of the email.

SSgt Powell,

I just wanted to touch base with IRT PFC Mejia. *A lot of recruiters get confused between TDRL Marines and PSEP Marines. *The difference is that for PSEP Marines the Marine Corps can choose who to take back. *There is no choice for TDRL Marines. *By law (USC Title 10, Chapter 61), we have to take him back if he chooses to return. *A problem you may run into along the way is that he is currently in MCTFS as a retiree. *We will not discharge this Marine until he has a confirmed date for which to return to active duty. *We will then discharge him the day prior. *This is to ensure the Marine continues to receive his pay and benefits while he is in processing. *Another problem you may run into with him is when you send him to MEPS for his physical. *MEPS might deny him based on his disability. *The current process is kind of broke because you will need to request a BUMED waiver. *To me, this doesn't make sense because SECNAV, through the PEB, has already cleared this Marine, and since BUMED falls under SECNAV it doesn't make sense to me to ask for their permission. *However, some of the MEPS wont process TDRL Marines unless they get the BUMED waiver. *Either way, don't let the MEPS tell you that this Marine is unqualified based on his TDRL condition. *This is not true. *Now, if they find another condition that they want to disqualify him for, then that is another story. *If there is a new condition that makes him not fit for duty, then MEPS can deny him enlistment. *The TDRL condition is off limits though. *If you have any questions IRT this or if you run into any problems along the way please let me know. *Thank you in advance for helping us get this Marine back into the Marine Corps.

r/s,

Ricky J. Hulbert
    Headquarters, United States Marine Corps
    Disabilities Section, *CMC MMSR-4

That's interesting. Wish he had said something about the the re-enlistment code.

The BuMed waiver is a relatively easy process; you can google them and assemble a packet by yourself or with your recruiter. You can also resubmit after a denial until you're blue in the face so it wouldn't make sense to give up on that avenue of approach.

Good trash.

I'm assuming you signed off on the board finding you fit; was about 3 months between my signing those papers and my disability pay stopping.

Credits
    Savings
    That I did not know!!

Yeah! I did sign off on the findings for fit back in DEC09. And I'm still getting dis. Pay

The question is did you get discharge paperwork yet? I'd inquire about that; might be you have to place a call to DFAS and a bunch of other places. Check with your recruiter or go rifling through that packet of paperwork they sent you.

Credits
    Savings
    No I have not. The only paper I got was the one from
    HQMC asking me to get discharged from TDRL or return to active duty

Thread Information