R. Lee Ermey Geico Commercial - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    That's cool ACE. I was asking those questions of a high school kid that was posing as a gunny. He had said some very unusual information such as he was retired after 13 years and had been an 0311 his entire carreer. When pressed he said he had also been 0300. Never once did he say 0369. I questioned him about ITB because in 1986 it was called ITS. If he had actually attended he would have known that.

He has since been banned and all his posts deleted so it really looks like a one sided conversation on my part.

R. Lee Ermy GEICO comm.

Great Bulkyer, I had noticed a bunch of deleats there. Its to bad they have to do that. No telling why. I thought for awhile, and really am not sure which is larger, a Battallion, or Regiment. I had best find out, and how to spell each. When my 46 Squadron was on ship, the U.S.S. Iwo-Jima, we had a Battalion on it, the 9th.(9th MAB). Brigrade, or Batallion That was one Bad Fighting Group of Marines. Loved to support them. We were, seems always doing re-supply, med-evacs, inserts, and extractions, and many more for them. Lots of fun for sure while being Crew Chief on the 46's. I believe they were the longest in constant fighting for seems forever there. There were 3 or 4 ships full of them. HMM-265 extracted them out of the field under fire in June'69, to the Iwo, and the other Boats. No telling what they will call it, the Infantry School out of boot, in several more years. It could have been the other way around, a bigger Unit, as there was so many going through in '66. I do get things wrong, and I will admit it. Not that often but enough. I'd be very wrong to think I knew it all, even though we like to think we do. The Infantry School we all had to go to before going cross the pond, was Advanced Infantry Training. Seems we just ran around a bunch. No it was more than that, but it seemed fun. The phoneys will be found out however long it takes. I salute all that are able to weed them out. Semper Fi, and READY-APP.

@ All ...I didnt even read what that " poser " said , now I dont even want to ! Every one of you who responded for foreverproud...your the reasons I am proud to have a son as a Marine !

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Jackwagon -n.
    The form of wheeled transportation, mostly four wheels but sometimes three, that usually hauls tired Jackalopes aound from prairie to open range, or visa versa, in the western part of Texas (West Texas).

Yes, I'm full of sh*t on this one.
    The commercial makes me chuckle everytime I see it.

Ol' Lee is living proof that the Corps prepares you for a civilian career if you are willing to apply your knowledge. He has also done more for the Armed Services of this country than anybody I can recall (The positive narratives he gives on the History Channel) and not forget his perfomances in a number of motion pictures.

Yep, Lee knows how to market himself and the Corps.

Semper Fi

R. Lee Ermy GEICO Comm.

Foreverproud, you have an absolute right to be Proud. I know you and your Son are welcome here at anytime. There are so many foolish people, even one that calls himself intrgrity, one that should join the crows is Certainly not welcome here. I am glad your Son had inter-Action with Gunny Ermy. He can always remember that time with Dignity, as The Gunny does not give it too freely. Semper Fi, and READY-APP.

Quote Originally Posted by Osotogary View Post
    Jackwagon -n.
    The form of wheeled transportation, mostly four wheels but sometimes three, that usually hauls tired Jackalopes aound from prairie to open range, or visa versa, in the western part of Texas (West Texas).

Don't they also hual Polecats around you know the weasel kind?

Quote Originally Posted by foreverproud View Post
    Hey Joshua,

Obviously I'm not a Marine, but I'm a damn proud Marine mom.
    Actually, I did not intend on visiting here so much after my son returned from his deployment, but I've grown fond of the place ... visit ... and read mostly. I've learned a lot here and you know ... I like the the good people here. I know my place and respect the Marine threads and never post in the Marine threads unless I feel it would be appropriate.

I support the Marine Corps in many ways ... ways that I haven't spoken of here, no need to.

This post was just to share a little fun ... in case the commercial hadn't been seen by some. But, if you feel that anybody here needs to say I'm not welcome... then hey man... I raised a Marine ... I can take the truth.

If I've misinterpreted your response ... sorry 'bout that... maybe I'm just a little edgy today.
    Ma'am, as you can see from the other posts; have no doubt you are most welcome here, and your company is well enjoyed and respected.

On topic, I love that commercial. After seeing it for the first time on Hulu, when it came up again, I paused it and backed it up so my wife could see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Osotogary View Post
    Jackwagon -n.

Dang, I thought it was a two wheeled cart pulled by a prairie dog. Maybe that's the ones in southern Oklahoma hauling the Jackalopes back and forth from vacation.

Thread Information