MCRDSD new IST run time?
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

MCRDSD new IST run time?

I heard that instead of 13:30 it is now 11:30 for the 1.5...is that true?

I seriously doubt that they changed the time like that. I believe some one is messing with you.

Can any recruiters or Drill Instructors confirm?

Your recruiter I am sure would be more than willing to answer your question if you want an answer from a recruiter.

I just had an IST with my recruiter last week and it was 13:30 with no mention of any time change. You might be thinking of the "perfect" run time for the IST, not the minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf0259 View Post
    I just had an IST with my recruiter last week and it was 13:30 with no mention of any time change. You might be thinking of the "perfect" run time for the IST, not the minimum.
    The perfect run time for the IST would technically be 9 min.

Although I don't think it's a horrible idea, I really doubt that there is any truth to this. However, if you can't get a 13:30 you definately need a lot of PT. I understand that the Marine Corps is setting a baseline for brand new recruits but 13:30 is a joke. Assuming you could run the second 1.5 miles just as fast that translates to a 27 minute PFT, which translates into an azz ripping. This is an interesting topic though, what do the rest of you Marines think?

It's just a rumor, its still 13:30. I think they should lower it to like 12:30 though

Hmm actually its kind of true... Just spoke to my recruiter about this. For boot camp it is still 13:30 minimum run. But for some reason all RSS in San Diego are going to start using 11:30 instead of 13:30. So if your in San Diego and you can not get a better time then 11:30, they will not let you go to boot camp. That is my understanding, only for poolees in San Diego.

Quote Originally Posted by cocruxified View Post
    The perfect run time for the IST would technically be 9 min.
    I figure as much. Just for some reason I have 11:30 in my head as the ideal time for it.

Quote Originally Posted by BGW View Post
    Hmm actually its kind of true... Just spoke to my recruiter about this. For boot camp it is still 13:30 minimum run. But for some reason all RSS in San Diego are going to start using 11:30 instead of 13:30. So if your in San Diego and you can not get a better time then 11:30, they will not let you go to boot camp. That is my understanding, only for poolees in San Diego.
    This makes no sense. The 13:30 standard comes down from HQMC. There wouldn't be different standards for different boot camps. This would add actual credence to the argument that Marines from one coast are better than Marines from another coast. No, there wouldn't be different standards for different Marine Corps Recruit Depots. They may have a different schedule of events, but in the end both coasts get the same training and are held to the same standards.

I am looking for the official documentation online right now.

Interesting, either way we should all be aiming for anything less than 10mins, I know I am.

Quote Originally Posted by BGW View Post
    Who told you that?
    I'm from RS Oceanside

Quote Originally Posted by JWDevilDog View Post
    This makes no sense. The 13:30 standard comes down from HQMC. There wouldn't be different standards for different boot camps. This would add actual credence to the argument that Marines from one coast are better than Marines from another coast. No, there wouldn't be different standards for different Marine Corps Recruit Depots. They may have a different schedule of events, but in the end both coasts get the same training and are held to the same standards.

I am looking for the official documentation online right now.
    I don't believe he's saying different time for MCRD San Diego, LCpl, but I think BGW was saying the time for the IST at both MCRDs is still the same, but the recruiting stations in San Diego are using different times before allowing their poolees to ship. I guess they want to put poolees of a higher physical caliber in boot.

Quote Originally Posted by JZfs720 View Post
    I don't believe he's saying different time for MCRD San Diego, LCpl, but I think BGW was saying the time for the IST at both MCRDs is still the same, but the recruiting stations in San Diego are using different times before allowing their poolees to ship. I guess they want to put poolees of a higher physical caliber in boot.

if that's the case, he should change his title from "MCRDSD new IST run time?"

Thread Information