Nicknames given by your Marines. - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Currently: Cpl. J, a combo of my rank and last name.

In the past:

"Sniper J", due to a rifle range incident
    "The walrus", a beatles reference i guess, i never understood why

with me it started of as Chesty I gess for two reasons 1) I had no chest, no uper body phesic at all, I work My but off building it up it was inbaresing, but it grew back unfortunitly( my but I meen), 2) a play off my name. then after I got some uper body looks it changed to Chezzy, weard how things change.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo4 View Post
    Gonzo... It has been and always be Gonzo.

What she said. If your last name is Gonzalez, you're gonna be Gonzo while in the Corps.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The nickname I got was only used after duty hours by any of my platoon/squad depending on any given time in our history while there.
    I have to say they respected the job, uniform, and our code to not dis me while on duty or in front of anyone outside our clice'.
    It was "ROACH" if you lived through the 60"s youll probably figure out what it means, if not then good luck guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by The DUKE View Post
    The nickname I got was only used after duty hours by any of my platoon/squad depending on any given time in our history while there.
    I have to say they respected the job, uniform, and our code to not dis me while on duty or in front of anyone outside our clice'.
    It was "ROACH" if you lived through the 60"s youll probably figure out what it means, if not then good luck guessing.
    Hmmmm? I wonder what the Gunny could possibly be talkin bout.

Willie.....don't know why but it stuck with me for a long time. As well as Coach because I had a SgtMaj that couldn't pronounce my maiden name of Cohee so he called me Coach.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by CPL Nelly View Post
    Willie.....don't know why but it stuck with me for a long time. As well as Coach because I had a SgtMaj that couldn't pronounce my maiden name of Cohee so he called me Coach.
    I have a special name for you, but that is between us.

Everyone down at Pensacola NAS calls me Forrest Gump because I'm always running. I run anywhere between 6-12 miles a day, everyday. Even in black flag conditions!

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Willie
    Did you play with a bunch of WEE WILLIES WONKAS when you were younger?

This may be the reason.

I had two. In the Fleet one of the Sgts decided I was too smart so he loved to call me Poindexter. When I got to my first duty station on MSG everyone had a nickname that we as callsigns; the rest of the guys decided I looked like an officer so I became Skipper.

Quote Originally Posted by charm1110 View Post
    In I.T.S. at Camp Pendleton someone started calling me Mookie, forget why and it stuck, but everyone called me that. It was like " oh, that's pfc Mookie, L/cpl Mookie"...etc. Then we got a big guy in our platoon whose nickname was Dookie so we were referred to as 'Mookie and Dookie' in wpns. plt.
    I seem to remember another one you had as well. (Charm and I were in the same Plt.)

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Frodo for my foot haha and Shrek because I was the tallest recruit in my Company

Troops called me big D. I guess because of my last name.

nick names

just about everyone called me cooch..

my last name is cucina and most can't say it right so cooch it was....

Doc Spicolli
    Because I am from San Diego, surf(my whole life),have blonde hair, blues eyes, and regularly said things like "dude" "chill" "no worries". One Marine, who I never met, was in for sick call and and I said "right on" to him. He immediatley said that I must be from SoCal and called me Spicolli, which was already in use.

Thread Information