Everly Brothers Marines? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I was stationed with a Pfc Dwayne Cargil in 1962 at Cherry Point that has said he was in the same platoon as the Everly brothers and that both were discharged for reasons other than honorable. Don't ask don't say for if I'm not wrong it was Phil and yes I grew up in the days of the Everly brothers. The last time I saw Dwayne was in 1968 at the island pushing boots as a SSG.

The land of where men are men and women are glad they are.

Quote Originally Posted by kansascdr View Post
    Anyone know anything about the Everly Brothers serving in the Marines? When did they serve? Where did they go to bootcamp and did they go through together?
    Yes, Marine Corps reserve together San Diego 1961 JB

Credits
    Savings
    Don and Phil 2009

My uncle, Herman Leo Bagsby, who enlisted in 1961 along with me and my brother Thomas M. Cissell, saw action in Nam. He was wounded while there and sprayed with Agent Orange. He received a heart transplant on October 18, 2005. Unfortunately, he is experiencing some problems breathing at present. He received the heart transplant at Stanford U. Medical Hospital. The head of the transplant team is located at the Palo Alto VA Hospital. Leo is being treated there at this time. His home is in Buena Park, CA.

I live about a hour or so from thier hometown in Ky

Kentucky born

AWBrown,

Our family was originally from western Kentucky. I was born in Graves County, near Fancy Farm. The Fancy Farm Picnic made the Guinness Book of World Records in 1985 for being the largest one-day church picnic in the world. My brother, Tom, was born in Hickman County. We still have lots of relatives in Graves, Hickman and Carlisle counties.

Bill Cissell

[quote=texbestn1;783221]AWBrown,

Our family was originally from western Kentucky. I was born in Graves County, near Fancy Farm. The Fancy Farm Picnic made the Guinness Book of World Records in 1985 for being the largest one-day church picnic in the world. My brother, Tom, was born in Hickman County. We still have lots of relatives in Graves, Hickman and Carlisle counties.

Bill Cissell [God, Country, Corps!]

Lots of actors and well-known people are Marines.

Here is a list. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...States_Marines

Some might just surprise you.

Semper Fidelis,
    DrZ

"Some people live an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference in the world, Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Regan

DrZ is the internet name I selected in the early days at University. So keep in mind I never was a DevilDoc.
    Si Vis Pacem Para bellum

Sorry... duplicated someone's link. My apologies.

Semper Fidelis,
    DrZ

"Some people live an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference in the world, Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Regan

DrZ is the internet name I selected in the early days at University. So keep in mind I never was a DevilDoc.
    Si Vis Pacem Para bellum

Thanks DrZ for list of former Marine celebs

Dr Z,

This list is impressive. Thanks!

Bill Cissell

Sorry! Actually, AWBrown1462 posted the link to the list of former Marine celebs first. I failed to click on it until DrZ copied it and had it in his posted message.

Bill Cissell

Credits
    Savings

People I met Drinking

I got drunk with Jerry Lee Lewis at the enlisted club at Millington,Tenn. Also was in Raleigh,N.C. with Marine friends at club a when Dr. Hook and the Medicine Show drummer came up to us and bought us a beer and told us he was in the Corps.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    WELL BOYS and girls, iam out of here but before i go iwould like to say there are marines here that are real and i have learned alot; and misty and dan thank you. why cause i am a mess ,, i have ask to be turn off this site, cause iam still checking com wire to the claymores, iam a nut case thought i could hide and cover in LN, no iam more fuc* UP THAN MOST, cant tell my ptsd here cause mine is weirder, no iam not john Wayne, you all keep the faith,

Thread Information