Ring Finger tattoo Q
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Ring Finger tattoo Q

I apologize for beating this to death, as I'm sure I'm doing.

I have wanted to enlist for the last two years and am finally in a position to do so, always wanted to be a Marine and now I'm ready to sign up.

BUT!

I have a tattoo on my left ring finger, it is a small band with the initials ' TLW' within, it is a True Love Waits ring. A celibacy commitment ring, but that's not the point. My recruiter here in College Station, TX said get it removed. I've been reading about waivers and am looking for some opinions on whether or not it is waiverable?

I am in the process of removing it, first through salabrasion and then (soon) laser. I am wondering if it is necessary or if a waiver is possible?

Thanks!
    Graham

How about filling out all of your profile so the Marines who are going to answer your questions, know who they are talking to.
    Also, do a search on the site for tattoo policy, as tattoos has been covered many times before.

You need to fill in your profile Graham. It's one of the rules before you'll get a reply.

Credits
    Savings
    Sorry about that, there we go.

I searched but am still confused as to this specific tattoo. i can get a photo if that might help? I am meeting with my recruiter again next week.

There is no opinion on this matter. Hand tattoos and tattoos within 2 inches of the wrist are automatic disqualifiers. Non-waiverable, no exceptions.

Maybe you could have it removed, Semper Fidelis.

hah that's gonna hurt like a mother****er to remove properly. good luck

Uh, one of my Sgt. in MP school had one. No idea when he got it, or if it was waived...but I've seen it, and apparently no one was telling him to remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by polizei View Post
    Uh, one of my Sgt. in MP school had one. No idea when he got it, or if it was waived...but I've seen it, and apparently no one was telling him to remove it.
    The Sgt most likely enlisted before that tattoo policy was implemented circa 2007.

I would have to assume that, yes. That seems to be the only thing I can think of.

Credits
    Savings
    It's ok, I've lightened most of it through salabrasion ( DON'T recommend it...) and have a laser consultation on tuesday. Thanks to everyone!

I've seen hand and neck tattoos, few and far between, but seen them, including on a kid checking in to SOI. Your best bet, right now, is to get it removed.

Mike

Graham
    PM me your Recruiter's name and the next time you'll be in the office

see what we can do

True Love Waits

No you didn't.

Hahhahahahaha, thanks for a good mid-day chuckle.... haha

True Love Waits

No you didn't.

Hahhahahahaha, thanks for a good mid-day chuckle.... haha
    Ditto, once it is removed you can do whatever you want

Thread Information