Heartbreak Ridge--worst movie ever or just bad? - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Heartbreak Ridge--worst movie ever or just bad?

Have to go with both and worst Clint Movie ever to boot.
    1st half was a so so comedy then it trys morph into a serious war flick
    with no money spent on props, special effects or the script and bad bad acting as well.
    A scene where Clint and the Marines go around blowing up mail boxes with M-80s in Hackensack NJ would have been more realistic and tense than those combat scenes and tactics.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by PaidinBlood View Post
    I thought so but man-pouches aren't authorized on our chucks...didn't realize they ever were...
    You know anyone that is gonna call their DI out?

They were worn on their web belts.

Credits
    Savings

Lickin Chicken

Quote Originally Posted by ecfree View Post
    FIRST AID KIT,NUMBNUTS
    Roger that

They Have The Cuban Flag At Court House Bay Or Where Every The Recon Unit Was. I Saw It.

Heartbreak Ridge is a dumb movie but I have fond memories of it and enjoy watching it when I get the chance.

In 1986 I was a young LCpl and my BN (1/5) was on mess and maintenance duty while I wasn't assigned a job as I was waiting for my orders to RA. One day several of us without a job were called together and told to get our gear squared away for the next day and to be on the parade deck at 0800 with our personal weapons.....we were going to give a quick lesson to some actors. There were about 30 of us total I suppose.

The next day we were out there in formation. We had a couple of former DIs and they played the part when a bus arrived....lots of yelling and some pushups followed. Then the main actors in HBR (minus Clint who wasn't there that day) were brought over and introduced to us. The BN had set up a MG with blanks on the hill at the NW edge of Margarita and we were to show the actors how to do fire team rushes up the hill. Some of us gave our Deuce Gear to the actors to wear....Pvt. Profile, who has the famous line "Gunny, my gun's jammed" wore mine. We gave them some quick instructions on patrolling and then headed towards the hill in tactical formation. We did fire team rushes all the way up the hill which wore the actors out as you can imagine. After that was over we all went back to the barracks and chatted with them until chow time. They ate with us in the chow hall (on the SNCO/Officer side) and then they left. Obviously they didn't learn much since they only spent a morning with us but we all felt like we might have given them some insight in what being a Marine was like. While I talked with all of them I think my favorite was the one who played the Major, I thought he was very cool.

Several of the SNCOs and officers from 1/5 were used as extras in the scene at the SNCO Club.

Thread Information