Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member CTguy1955's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Help son get into Marines and FIX meps computer error

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...694#post674694

Im sort of double posting, but my Son Dan needs help with MEPS problem of a computer error that is keeping him from enlisting and its breaking my heart
    to see a team player not be able to enlist. Please go to the above link and see what you can do for Dan.

thanks so much

Mike Kelly Sr

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I went on a MEPS site and got the vision requirements:

Vision
    Vision must be correctable (with glasses) to a minimum of one of the following:
    (1) 20/40 in one eye and 20/70 in the other eye.
    (2) 20/30 in one eye and 20/100 in the other eye.
    (3) 20/20 in one eye and 20/400 in the other eye.
    Current near visual acuity (367) of any degree that does not correct (with glasses) to 20/40 in the better eye is disqualifying.
    Current refractive error (hyperopia (367.0), myopia (367.1), astigmatism (367.2)), or history of refractive error prior to any refractive surgery manifest by any refractive error in spherical equivalent of worse than -8.00 or +8.00 diopters is disqualifying
    Can you please tell me what your rated at? Also I read where you can be given a WAIVER by the Military service you join, not meps????
    I contact cris dodd, joe liberman and mike murphey about you, and I contacted a marine named Kelly who is running for office in another state out west.
    Love You
    Dad

Dan wrote me back and told me his tested by meps vision scores:

Dan Kelly July 22 at 7:31pm Report
    Thank you Dad. The vision is my right eye is 20/17, the vision in my left eye is 20/70. im rated as a "3 P", when i should be a "2 p"
    love you - Dan

So I was wrong about the 4 and 5 stuff, it ended up being 2P

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Thank you so much to everyone who helped......Dan is a Marine !!!!!!!!!

Marine1011
    Guest Free Member
    Just curious, how old is Dan now? Do you think there will be any problem at his first duty station?

From one Dad to another, congratulations on your Son becoming a Marine. A year ago in a week ( 16th ) my Son was standing right where yours is in that picture. Hope you were there for the moto run as well.

Credits
    Savings
    "I contact cris dodd, joe liberman and mike murphey about you, and I contacted a marine named Kelly who is running for office in another state out west.
    Love You
    Dad"

First of all obviously proud Dad congrats on your son earning the Title. But are you kidding me? You actually contacted your two state Senators just because junior was having a rough time of it??? WFT is wrong with this picture?

Little Danny Boy boy doesn't like where he is sent so Daddy calls in the CT Pols to grease the skids. In the meantime some other Marine without the connections, has to serve in Danny's place.Future scenario!!!!

Dad let your son grow up to be a man and Marine without your help. Both of you will be better off

I'm in mind of a poster of Chesty "Mother's of America"

"WTF have you done to my Marine Corps?
    "

Sad so sad

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BauerBrat View Post
    "I contact cris dodd, joe liberman and mike murphey about you, and I contacted a marine named Kelly who is running for office in another state out west.
    Love You
    Dad"

First of all obviously proud Dad congrats on your son earning the Title. But are you kidding me? You actually contacted your two state Senators just because junior was having a rough time of it??? WFT is wrong with this picture?

Little Danny Boy boy doesn't like where he is sent so Daddy calls in the CT Pols to grease the skids. In the meantime some other Marine without the connections, has to serve in Danny's place.Future scenario!!!!

Dad let your son grow up to be a man and Marine without your help. Both of you will be better off

I'm in mind of a poster of Chesty "Mother's of America"

"WTF have you done to my Marine Corps?
    "

Sad so sad
    Talk about taking a quote out of context. My son's MEPS score had a computer error that said he would NOT be allowed to join any military force. Dan tried and tried for almost two years to get the computer error fixed......and I came here and some very nice people here got a Washington Medical place to correct the paperwork and get Dan a
    waiver. Had I not made some phone calls and wrote to some people, there
    would be one less motivated Marine in this world, so where you are coming from is so off base and pathetically moronic, its obvious you do not have a clue, and that you would come on here and say something so negative and have it take away my joy in this meaningful and honorific moment is not something that a former Marine should do. It has no Honor in it, and is pointless and negative. My Dad was on Iwo Jima with the 4th Marine Div and I know He would be very happy that I as a Father tried to undo what a computer glitch wronged. You sir, do not have the heart of a Marine, nor very much talent for saying anything but negative misinformation and what they say on the net these days is a TROLL or troublemaker.

whoa CTGUY......I understand your reasons for being mad but I don't see anything positive coming from this especially after telling a Marine he doesn't have the heart of a Marine.

I see many hmmwvs coming to this thread.....

*Poolee darts back to the Poolee hall*

Congrats to your son Sir!

Baurbrat, it must make you sad and angry not to have had a father on whom you could depend!!! As a father of six, I will do everything in my power to help them become the adults they want to be.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

I was wrong to say what I did here

Quote Originally Posted by CTguy1955 View Post
    Talk about taking a quote out of context. My son's MEPS score had a computer error that said he would NOT be allowed to join any military force. Dan tried and tried for almost two years to get the computer error fixed......and I came here and some very nice people here got a Washington Medical place to correct the paperwork and get Dan a waiver. Had I not made some phone calls and wrote to some people, there would be one less motivated Marine in this world, so where you are coming from is so off base and pathetically moronic, its obvious you do not have a clue, and that you would come on here and say something so negative and have it take away my joy in this meaningful and honorific moment is not something that a former Marine should do. It has no Honor in it, and is pointless and negative. My Dad was on Iwo Jima with the 4th Marine Div and I know He would be very happy that I as a Father tried to undo what a computer glitch wronged. You sir, do not have the heart of a Marine, nor very much talent for saying anything but negative misinformation and what they say on the net these days is a TROLL or troublemaker.

I have thought about what I wrote above, and I want to say Im sorry to Staff Sgt. Baurbrat. I have no business to talk to anyone else about honor.
    I had just come home from Parris Island and when I saw the ceremony, and how they told me about the Siege of Kassan (sp) and how the Marines there held off 4 divisions of regulars and that THAT day April 8th, was the day it ended so many years ago.......and how Core Values were taught and were so important..........I was just shocked to have someone not be positive about what happened with my Son. I dont believe in my heart that anything wrong was done, and no politicians ever wrote me back, I believe that it was a certain recruiter in New York that helped Dan more then anyone else and that only 8% of applicants EVER get a waiver.

I was not in a good frame of mind, as I was happy and proud. So I apologize for what I said Staff Sgt Baurbrat.

I'll just be putting the pin back in my M67 fragmentation hand grenade now.....

Question,My son saw recruiter today & would be getting back to him tonight on his enlisting. He was told, as he told me, that it may be Jan of 2012 before he could get in unless someone drops out could go in earlier. I was 802nd AF way back when I am just curious is this normal? live in NM'

Credits
    Savings
    "I was not in a good frame of mind, as I was happy and proud. So I apologize for what I said Staff Sgt Baurbrat."

No problem sir, no offense was taken. Hell, got chewed more than I was praised in the Corps

Sincerely wish only the best for your son

Semper Fi

Brat

Somehow things got crossed in this site for I just received an E-mail on CT guy1955 having nothing to do with this conversation. I live in NM not Connecticut thanks ken "huffanpuff".

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by huffanpuff View Post
    Somehow things got crossed in this site for I just received an E-mail on CT guy1955 having nothing to do with this conversation. I live in NM not Connecticut thanks ken "huffanpuff".
    Sir if you go back and read the whole thread you may understand. And the reason you received an email was that you have now subscribed to this thread and will be notified via email if any new reply's are posted. You can turn that notification service off f you wish

And to answer your questions as best I can, there are long waiting periods to ship for many reasons. One is the Corps has reduced it's size by about 50K. so it has more than enough people in the pipeline wanting to enlist. From what I've been reading on here from the Poollees, the average time seems to be about 7-9 months

Thread Information