Problem with MEPS score mistake - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by CTguy1955 View Post

Well its been a while, so I thought I would update on what is going on. Dan got awards at Camp Lajune for being first in his company for physical fitness. Then he went on to his first of two schools for his MOS of Forward Artillary Observer and he was given an award for being first in his class. When he went to the 2nd part of the class in california, he did not come in first, but his buddy did. So now he and his buddy are in the same room at Camp Pendelton at the first duty station, and they decided for an upcoming inspection to put their " Top of Class" awards on a shelf.
    Well some high ranking Marine came through, and decided He wanted the best of the best to serve in Afghanistan. Dan was sent to Kajaki with only a 2 week special
    course, and did not get to go to VIPER for the longer training sessions. He has been in Kajaki for a few months now and has called in rockets and mortar fire and is
    doing his job the best he can. I am very proud of him, as his two MC Grandfathers
    would be if they were still with us. Semper Fi my Son !!!!!!!!!
    Oorah!

Marine Friend Free Member CTguy1955's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I am very happy to report that Dan landed safely in California yesterday after a 20 hour flight and is home safe from his 7 month deployment to Kajaki, Afghanistan !!

Thank you all for your prayers !!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Dan is now in Australia, out having fun in the Desert !!!! This is a photo of him attending the Birthday Party of the U.S.M.C. !!!!!Dan at MC Birthday party.jpg

joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    just think had you two joined up under the buddy plan you could have seen all those places too and have been w your son all that time!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I served during Vietnam. 1972-1975 72B20 was my MOS. Im 59 now, so when My Son went in almost 4 years ago, no one would take me. Ive been an Electrician
    now for 33 years and will have three pensions to live on, besides SS... So I did ok
    for myself after I finished my 3 year enlistment. The Army paid for my college
    which gave me the algebra and things I needed to become an electrician.

Thank You Josey for the kind thought. My Dad was on Iwo Jima with the 4/25 and
    at least my Son was a Marine as well, and made his Grandpa proud.

Thread Information