Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    he! He! He! He!

Credits
    Savings

Question W T F Marine?

Quote Originally Posted by Meserole08orah View Post
    Well when you got Contractors that are getting paid as much as a LTCol or higher, and they arent even protecting freedom... damn right we should get paid more!! Im sick of a GS4 Making more then me when ive been deployed. The president is basically saying an E3's life isnt worth more the 1200 bucks give or take a month. Thanks for being willing to DIE for those who do not appreciate the military or support it, heres 1200 bucks. good luck. Then you got BASE HOUSING?!?!? You could be DUAL Military and only one gets BAH the other has to pay his/her whole BAH plus almost 200 extra bucks outta pocket to live in a house. Imagine being a PFC who isnt dual military. he/she gets paid what 500 bucks a paycheck or so plus a could extra for BAH lives on base looses BAH plus 200 or so for "rent" so that leaves him back where he was for GAS, possible dayCare Food, and activities for the kids, oh and a phone bill posisble cell phone too and internet and cable. so he gets no money incase his cover has a stain or rips his Camies. or Any uniform emergency. Hell or money to save incase he needs to go Emergency leave. Even if he does go to the NMCRS he will loose 100 dollars a paycheck. We arent paid enough. Sure as a SGT or SSgt i could make it through NOT living paycheck to paycheck but look at those who arent there who are just starting and came to the Marine corps for help, to get a better pay and they would end up making more working at McDonalds!! I would def like to see nicer paychecks. Not everyone can have personal Cooks and Servents and still get paid. oh and have a personal Driver. No body higher ranking is just a person like us JR marines and NCOs. Because i sure as hell wont expect someone to drive me or cook for me when i can do it myself. Nope. plus... lol i dont get paid enough.

Again... its not that we want more pay... but for God's Sake....... i think my life is work more the 2000 a month. Idk about you but i would like someone to show me they appreciate me going to Afghanistan and fighting for my country's freedom. Theres times i cant even afford a 1$ movie from RedBox... but i still am willing to fight for the bull**** we are at war for now. Hell i still dont even know what we are fighting for.

Man alive, Marine, how many Monsters did you infuse into your system before unleashing that angry angsty stream of consciousness?

Seriously, what are you trying to say? You said it's not about money, but you need more? In any case, how much more, why, and where the hell do you want to take it from? You have everything you need, base pay is to buy what you want. Do the Marines need money to buy toys, or do they need gear to save their lives? You already know which way I lean, I am interested to hear your take.

I'm fine with it. The Government has to save money somehow. Before you get ****ed at them though, look at how much the military wastes every year. I'm talking fraud waste and abuse. The MRE boxes that are given away randomly, all the cami's supply hooks you up with, the extra deployment bag I have in my room. Maybe if we didnt waste so much money printing out funny pictures to hang on our door, we would get higher raises.

As for Meserole,

How much does that puppy cost you. I know you didn't give berth to it, so there goes some money that could have been saved. I don't know what you are paying $200 extra a month for if you are living on base. My cable only cost me $79, and I live on Pendleton. How much would you save if you gave up your BB or IPhone for a basic cell phone? I know I would save about $70 a month if I did. How much did your husbands playstation cost him? How much did the dvd player cost that you play that redbox dvd with? You get paid plenty, when you don't purchase brand new sports cars, and instead get a nice used Civic.

If you really don't like the pay scale, maybe you should have taken that into account when you joined. It's published for the public to view it. I doubt it was much different now than when you joined, so you probably should have expected it.

Now, as for Contractors, I can promise you a GS4 doesn't make as much as you do. A GS12 might though. And, as far as my MOS (0651, Data guy), the contractors get paid so much because they are worth it. They are usually the Marines that get leaned on too much, so they get out, get paid more, and deal with less ****, doing the exact same job they were doing before. As a matter of fact, that's what I plan on doing. Who cares what the job title is. Why should a LCpl, Sgt, GySgt, or LtCol get paid the same as me, when they know significantly less about that skill (MOS)? As a matter of fact, they should get paid more for the simple reason that their jobs require them to work with Marines who are only in charge because they can PT and brown nose, as opposed to doing anything worthwhile (looking from the contractors point of view, which means only the job is considered worthwhile).

Now, I really do enjoy the Marines, and it's a nice gig. But since they reduced my bonus from 45k to 14.5k, I'll be getting out. Just not getting paid enough, ya know

I lived for six years in the Corps and had my family with me all but one of those years.I lived on L/Cpl,Cpl,Sgt. pay with 2 dependents and survived back in the 70's so quit your *****ing. as was said you signed the contract deal with it.

I was happy with my pay. Send the money to junior enlisted housing, that place is a s**thole.

Well when you got Contractors that are getting paid as much as a LTCol or higher, and they arent even protecting freedom... damn right we should get paid more!! Im sick of a GS4 Making more then me when ive been deployed. The president is basically saying an E3's life isnt worth more the 1200 bucks give or take a month.
    The president??? What the ****ing flying **** are you talking about? This budget is drafted by the department of defense and approved by congress. All the president does is sign it so you can take your ridiculous ideas about obama actually deciding what a ****ing lance corporal should get paid and throw it out the window.

Thanks for being willing to DIE for those who do not appreciate the military or support it, heres 1200 bucks. good luck.
    Plus free medical care, free dental care, free room & board, ridiculously cheap food, free life insurance, a free college education, retirement benefits two decades before anyone else, free training and job skills.....
    Then you got BASE HOUSING?!?!? You could be DUAL Military and only one gets BAH the other has to pay his/her whole BAH plus almost 200 extra bucks outta pocket to live in a house.
    What are you talking about? Yes, only one gets BAH but there's a reason for that: only one should get BAH. It's based on dependents and you can't both be each other's dependent.
    Imagine being a PFC who isnt dual military. he/she gets paid what 500 bucks a paycheck or so plus a could extra for BAH lives on base looses BAH plus 200 or so for "rent" so that leaves him back where he was for GAS, possible dayCare Food, and activities for the kids, oh and a phone bill posisble cell phone too and internet and cable. so he gets no money incase his cover has a stain or rips his Camies. or Any uniform emergency.
    Utter bull****. First of all, cable and internet are not necessities. Second, we still get uniform allowances. Third, that PFC (who probably shouldn't have gotten married and had kids at 18 like a moron) is making more than a lot of other people who have to deal with the same exact problem of feeding a family but he has far more resources available to him. Why? Because money that would have gone to pay raises are being diverted specifically to cover situations like his.

Hell or money to save incase he needs to go Emergency leave. Even if he does go to the NMCRS he will loose 100 dollars a paycheck. We arent paid enough. Sure as a SGT or SSgt i could make it through NOT living paycheck to paycheck but look at those who arent there who are just starting and came to the Marine corps for help, to get a better pay and they would end up making more working at McDonalds!! I would def like to see nicer paychecks. Not everyone can have personal Cooks and Servents and still get paid. oh and have a personal Driver. No body higher ranking is just a person like us JR marines and NCOs. Because i sure as hell wont expect someone to drive me or cook for me when i can do it myself. Nope. plus... lol i dont get paid enough.

Again... its not that we want more pay... but for God's Sake....... i think my life is work more the 2000 a month. Idk about you but i would like someone to show me they appreciate me going to Afghanistan and fighting for my country's freedom. Theres times i cant even afford a 1$ movie from RedBox... but i still am willing to fight for the bull**** we are at war for now. Hell i still dont even know what we are fighting for.
    If you're actually putting your life on the line you're getting a lot more than 2000 a month.

If you can't afford a $1 movie from redbox then you need to retake the personal financial management MCI because it's your own damn fault.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGreek View Post
    WELL.....looks like I've missed something....AGAIN!!! UMMMMM.....PAY? If you pee away all of your pay on Friday and don't get paid for two weeks.....WHERE you gonna' bunk?.....WHAT you gonna' eat?.....DDDDDDDUH!!!!
    What you gonna' do when it BURNS like HELL to pee??......go to the local ER??
    YOU SIGNED A FVCKIN' CONTRACT, PROMISING TO "PROTECT AND DEFEND".....REMEMMBER????
    IN RETURN, BESIDES A "FEW" BUCKS, EVERY TWO WEEKS, WHAT ELSE DO YOU GET??
    DUH!!........
    Y'know Doc, it's rare that I approve of extremely large text but in this case, you hit the nail right on the head. I didn't enlist to make money. Anyone who joined the military because they thought it'd be an easy paycheck made a bad decision.

Credits
    Savings

Thumbs up Eating sorry excuses and lame arguments for breakfast

Quote Originally Posted by FattyTheFerret View Post
    Utter bull****. ...If you can't afford a $1 movie from redbox then you need to retake the personal financial management MCI because it's your own damn fault.
    Keep 'em comin' brother; you are 2 for 2 now.

PiB whats the debris? you win the lottery and fixin to dole out raises based on who thinks they deserve what?

or what?

Well when you got Contractors that are getting paid as much as a LTCol or higher, and they arent even protecting freedom... damn right we should get paid more!! Im sick of a GS4 Making more then me when ive been deployed.
    Lets see what that G4 with his/her 24518 a year doesn't get.

Post 9/11 GI Bill Benefits (unless he's a veteran which would make your argument pointless)
    Housing allowance
    Food allowance
    Clothing allowance

$918.00 E-3 BAH for Albany, GA (Plus you're married to a Marine)

Your annual base LCpl Pay of $22176 (for 2011)
    Your annual BAH of $11016 (or free housing on base)
    Your annual BAS of $3886
    Annual clothing allowance $425

Total 37503

i think my life is work more the 2000 a month.
    Thats 3125.25 a month you ****ing ingrate. Not to mention what your Marine husband makes. Learn how to spend your money wisely and and you'll see that you will have a lot more left.

Credits
    Savings

Cool was supposed to be a surprise

Quote Originally Posted by SlingerDun View Post
    PiB whats the debris? you win the lottery and fixin to dole out raises based on who thinks they deserve what?

or what?

Well now look who done let the cat out of the bag

Just as well though-nothing terribly convincing has come along anyhow

S/F

Quote Originally Posted by ArtyOps View Post
    Lets see what that G4 with his/her 24518 a year doesn't get.

Post 9/11 GI Bill Benefits (unless he's a veteran which would make your argument pointless)
    Housing allowance
    Food allowance
    Clothing allowance

$918.00 E-3 BAH for Albany, GA (Plus you're married to a Marine)

Your annual base LCpl Pay of $22176 (for 2011)
    Your annual BAH of $11016 (or free housing on base)
    Your annual BAS of $3886
    Annual clothing allowance $425

Total 37503

Thats 3125.25 a month you ****ing ingrate. Not to mention what your Marine husband makes. Learn how to spend your money wisely and and you'll see that you will have a lot more left.
    dead on.

Marine Free Member AAV Crewchief's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
    High pay raises. May I ask what you consider a high pay raise. Our military should be the highest paid military in the world.

It is the highest paid military in the world.

Thread Information