My Story 10.8.2010
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

My Story 10.8.2010

Hello Everyone,
    First off I would like to say Thank You for your service. I am a son of a 27 yr Air Force First Sergeant. My Grandfather was in the Army, and so was my Great Grandfather. I finished highschool in the spring of 09, started community college and found out that i hated it. I wanted to do something with my life. I had played 4 years of highschool football and gained a staggering amount of weight. Freshman year 5'8 180lb to 5'10 347 senior year. It was gross, and I didnt think I was going to get anywhere. My dad said, why dont you lose the weight and join the Military. I kind of shrugged it off and thought nothing of it. Jan of 2010 I decided to go for it. I am going to work my ass off and Get in By December or Jan. Well It is October now and im down to 280 from 347. I must get down to 215 or below before i can enlist and its coming along real well. I lost about a pound a day with exercise and eating a lot of healthful foods under 1200 calories a day. I know some people tell me that its bad to do that and very unhealthy. I just tell them that Im busting my ass off to join the finest fighting force on the planet. (Usually makes them stop talking.)

I hope to be among The Few, and The Proud as soon as I can.

I appreciate everything you guys do, and I can only hope that I am half the Man any of you are.

God Bless.
    R.Byrd

Good Luck on your goals, The Few, The Proud, The Marines, Semper Fidelis.

Good on ya for losing the weight dude. Looks like you've got quite a lineage of military service in your family. Good luck.

Credits
    Savings

Thank you

Thank you, I will give all I have got to make it. I hate to see this world in disarray because of bad people. Humanitarian work at its finest.

God bless

Credits
    Savings
    Byrd, it CAN be done.

Click Here ---> Click, click.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    First off you have a great Virginia surname. Any relation?. I grew up in Arlington. Getting into shape is up to you. There are no magical formulas and I think you know it. Its simply hard work and diet

Can you do it? Absolutely, you're not the first and you won't be the last. Many times in life we feel as if we are the only one who screws up. Well it isn't the case

Long haul, absolutely. Mind if I ask how/why you put on so many pounds?

Credits
    Savings
    Well I live in Williamsburg, only time ive been in VA. I played ball in high school and a combo of Weight room, team meals, and my sister trying to off herself kind of caused me to not be smart about myself. Not making any excuses, cant really tell exactly why i got so big, but I know what my calling is, and that is to be a Marine.

Quote Originally Posted by Rbyrd View Post
    Hello Everyone,
    First off I would like to say Thank You for your service. I am a son of a 27 yr Air Force First Sergeant. My Grandfather was in the Army, and so was my Great Grandfather. I finished highschool in the spring of 09, started community college and found out that i hated it. I wanted to do something with my life. I had played 4 years of highschool football and gained a staggering amount of weight. Freshman year 5'8 180lb to 5'10 347 senior year. It was gross, and I didnt think I was going to get anywhere. My dad said, why dont you lose the weight and join the Military. I kind of shrugged it off and thought nothing of it. Jan of 2010 I decided to go for it. I am going to work my ass off and Get in By December or Jan. Well It is October now and im down to 280 from 347. I must get down to 215 or below before i can enlist and its coming along real well. I lost about a pound a day with exercise and eating a lot of healthful foods under 1200 calories a day. I know some people tell me that its bad to do that and very unhealthy. I just tell them that Im busting my ass off to join the finest fighting force on the planet. (Usually makes them stop talking.)

I hope to be among The Few, and The Proud as soon as I can.

I appreciate everything you guys do, and I can only hope that I am half the Man any of you are.

God Bless.
    R.Byrd
    I have three grandsons. One in the Marines. One will be a Marine next May. The third has been in college three years, followed the social life, and made a mess of his life. He decided to join the Corps. When he made contact with a recruiter, he looked at my grandson's record and asked him why he was going into the Corps instead of going to college one more year and applying for OCS. He is now back in college, taken his physical for OCS and has a goal. I think his brothers will not like having to salute him. If it had not been for the recruiter, he would now be a recruit at PI.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Rbyrd View Post
    Well I live in Williamsburg, only time ive been in VA. I played ball in high school and a combo of Weight room, team meals, and my sister trying to off herself kind of caused me to not be smart about myself. Not making any excuses, cant really tell exactly why i got so big, but I know what my calling is, and that is to be a Marine.

Sorry to hear about your sister. Yes stress can do odd things to the human body. Some people stop eating, some pile it on

You might want to stop by the Poolee Forum and read some threads for help and motivation

Good luck to you. Keep focused on your goal and give it your best shot

Credits
    Savings
    Thank You, I appreciate the responses.

Only thing that kind of irks me, is that I see a lot of people saying 03XX is almost impossible to get into.

I know it may sound kind of corny or, typical. But I wanted to go in as a grunt, and either do Recon, or Scout sniper school. I would hate to end up food services or some MOS that im sitting doing admin work. ( no offense to you admins, its just not me.)

Thread Information