What Are You Proud Of? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I can say for sure that I'm not proud of the SOB that created that page, nor anybody else that prescribes to his train of thought. I joined to serve my country and its people. Whiny beotchs like him think that you join so that the Gov't or America can serve you and thats BS. The same people I've seen that complain everyday that, my recruiter lied to me wah wah wah wah wah.

The Marine Corps is advertising a false image of itself. After serving in the Marine Corps, I've found it rife with corruption, dishonesty, immaturity, and a horrible representation of what military excellence ought to be. Who would like to make the Marine Corps accountable to its young men and women by providing the decency and discipline from the old days? Tell me what you experienced during your time, and what would you say to someone who wanted to join?
    What this site is about:
    • Keeping the Marine Corps accountable to itself
    • identifying the lapses in Marine Corps policy that have led to a dramatic drop in morale for both current and former Marines
    • correcting the incongruent practices that continue to waste time and resources at the expense of dedicated Marines
    • recognizing the fraternity atmosphere that creates a rift among officers, SNCOs, NCOs, and junior Marines
    • giving credit and respect to the combat Marines who have risked their lives in defense of their country
    • discovering ways in reclaiming the level of prestige and honor that were once the hallmark traits of the USMC, up to and including the waiver system that accepts enlistees and officer candidates possessing no or little character
    • justifying and reinforcing the few positive aspects of the USMC
    • challenging current Marines to define more clearly what it means to members of the Marine Corps brotherhood
    What this site is NOT about:
    • providing consolation for individuals that consistently demonstrated criminal, insubordinate, and immoral behavior during their service in the USMC
    • establishing grounds for the dissolution of the USMC
    • defaming, criticizing, or seeking to undermine the United States of America
    • attacking current Marines livelihood and worldview in a malicious manner
    The creator of the site is focusing on current issues (2000+), not ones from 30+ years ago.

You can't deny that there is screwed up stuff going on that simply shouldn't be happening.

I proud of being a Marine because of the Man I am today. The Marines showed me how to grow up, having pride, honor and to know what we stan for in America.

Thread Information