What Are You Proud Of?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

What Are You Proud Of?

Though this may be the in-correct section to bring this to..

I was recently browsing the Internet about all things Marine Corp, as I normally do. I came across something, that lead to another something, that lead to where I'm currently at. Marines, Poolees, Friends, Family. Take a look at the following website.

http://www.ihatethemarinecorps.com/

The significant part is not the Title of I HATE THE MARINE CORP. Just read a few of the comments on the page. I skimmed a few and then finally got to one that I felt was logical enough to read.

Simply put, this person was trying to figure out a reason as to why anyone in the United States Marine Corp or those who are Enlisting, thinking about Enlisting, etc, are so damn proud to be apart of the Marine Corp.

Biggest Detail to Me :

Ask yourself this: "Why the **** are you so proud to be in the Marine Corps? What the **** is there to be 'proud' of?" Are you proud of picking up trash and cigarette butt's off of the ground? Are you proud of getting pushed around by higher-ups? Are you proud of other grown men (that don't give a **** about you) deciding the fate of your life wihtout any consideration as to how it affects you (or your family if you have one.) Please "enlighten" me.
    Why are you Marines so proud of becoming and serving as a United States Marine? Please, enlighten that person.

As I work hard to my goal of becoming a Marine, I can tell you this right now as a Poolee. I'm proud of the traditions in the United States Marine Corp. I'm proud to be able to one day, carry on that tradition of the beloved Corp. I'm proud to attend PT every time with my recruiter, just to see the way he motivates not only myself, but others.

I have 100% full intent to carry out my goals and become a Marine. I believe that in order to be a successful Marine, you have to have the ambition and dedication to wake up every day and know what you stand for. Honor. Courage. Commitment. I understand that every job may not be 'fun', but that in order for things to be done and move forward, someone has to pick up the slack.

I respect each and every one of you that upholds the title of United States Marine. I'd like to ask every Marine that reads this post. What are you so proud of, as a United States Marine?

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    And here is a comment that I found on the website. Thought it was great enough to share.

To me, it's quite funny how "Marines" can actually come together and start an anti-marine corps website. The fact that all you useless cowards would actually do something in this nature shows how dispicable you are. Did you think it was going to be a walk in the park? Free benefits, money, girls, and do whatever you want? This is the Marine Corps not JROTC or the damn army or Navy. You wanted a challenge and you got it. This is the only branch that you have to excel to be promoted after lance corporal. Some of you pathetic turds are still stuck at e3 after 4-5 years in the service, thats pathetic. That shows you unwillingness to achieve in your own life. Your standards are lower than any human beings should be. A dog can get more accomplished in 4-5 years thatn you could have. Now, there really isnt one legitimate reason as to why the Corps is hated so much. Responsibility, accountability, discipline, all of these are good charecteristics that are given to you by the USMC. But you people are too cowardly to accept this. Your afraid and cant handle this. Cowards!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Go through a fire fight then look around and every one is ok ... think to yourself whew glad I got that training and glad I'm amongst these Marines.

You have posted in the wrong forum... you are forgiven. Don't do it again!

To be able to go from being just nothing almost with nowhere to go but down,to become by choice a U.S.Marine is something that you have earned and nobody will ever take that Honor away from you.It is not given and therefore it will not be and shall not be returned.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    In my time money surly wasnt a motive. My brother served in V.N. in the Army before I enlisted. I got a draft notice. I told my brother I was thinking of joining the U.S.M.C. He said what ever you do. Dont join the Corps. Theyre crazy. In that case I figured I would fit right in. And he wasnt wrong! But I can assure you. Other than my children and grandkids. The Corps is the best thing that ever happened to me.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    It takes a certain person to become a Marine. Not everyone is cut out for it. It's takes commetment, teamwork and detication to the Corps. Alot of men and women have sacrificed there lives in past and present wars for the freedoms of this fine nation. I'm very proud of my service and am even more proud of my two sons that served in our nations finest military, our Marine Corps. When I look back I remember some tough time's, but I couldn't trade any of those times. that's what Simper Fi is all about always faithfull. My youngest son graduates from high school next year even though he has a chance like his brothers did to go to college. He is also is talking about being a Marine. He wants to carry on the tradition. I am proud to have been a Marine as well as my sons and all those who have, past and present that have sacrifced and given there lives for freedom.

Simper Fi

Being a Marine, at age 80 .

I have never been ashamed of being a Marine. People say to me, " You're an EX-Marine, Huh? " I tell them that there is no such animal, but that is not true. I refuse to recognize anyone, who has worn the Uniform, and commits act that bring shame to us. The ones who rape, murder, and injure the innocent, or the helpless, are not, nor were they ever, Marines. Those who were thrown out of the Marine Corps, for acts not acceptable, even by civilian standards. These were never Marines. Even more despicable, are those who manage to get through a hitch, then spend the rest of their lives, telling the all who will listen, that their problems, are all the fault of the Marine Corps.They, and the spoiled little darlings, who lurk around the fringes of those other sites, blaming all of their problems on the Military, or Society in general. Never taking responsibility for their own faults, Turn my stomach. God Bless the Marine Corps, and protect our Children, who are in harms way, every day. S/F!!! Ken

Being a Marine is about pride, honor, and tradition. Pride in yourself, your country, your family, and your brothers and sisters of the Corps. People who have never been there will never understand. They can't understand because they are without pride or honor. Picking up a cigarette butt? Did I hate it? No...why should I? Because this is my country and it was without trash before we got here and I will do my best to make sure it is without trash when I leave.

A fellow Marine said when you go through a firefight...and see everyone is OK.... you are thankful for your training. This is all about family. Your connection to this group of people is something this person won't understand either. They can't because they have no pride in who they are. They are just part of the uncaring masses who live their lives from day to day without direction, goals, pride, or honor.

Take this person...along with a group of armed Marines.... not a fireteam or a squad.... just a group of randomly selected Marines and drop them into a hot LZ and see what happens. The Marines would form fireteams, fight while defending the idiot. If the idiot gets zipped... the Marines would mourn the idiot...because that is who Marines are and what Marines do.

What I am proud of? Being who I was when I was finally earned the right to be called a United States Marine.

Publish that to the idiot. This person won't understand what they have read but we can hope someday they grow up enough to say thank you.

There are many various reasons to join the Corps, there is no right or wrong one, in my opinion. Yes, there are those who may have been promised by their recruiter certain schools or duty assignments, but we all know you must first qualify and then the needs of the Marine Corps determines if you will or will not have that school or assignment or MOS. I suppose there are a few people, former Marines, who use this as an excuse to explain their low opinion of the Corps, but in all reality, I'm sure the majority of these malcontents have some personal failure that they know about, failures of leadership or lack of, failures of competence, failures to show initiative or personal integrity or personal courage to do what needs to be done. The peacetime military is often a difficult environment for some to excel in and getting passed over for a promotion can ruin a career and probably instill bitterness in some, just as a bad fitness report. I am far too out of touch with the modern Marine Corps to understand what the current factors may be, but I can say that the reasons to enlist and become a good Marine and to wear with pride the EGA and always defend the Corps against foreign and domestic enemies, this never changes, especially during a time of war. The backbone of the Marine Corps is and always will be the grunt on the ground and since I was one once, long ago in Vietnam, I know what I speak of. Daily hardships that few ever know about and the constant attrition of buddies to combat and the never ending restrictions that rules of engagement place upon you, this is when you realize that the current generation of Marines and the current war we are fighting is nothing more than a continuation of what has always made us the United States Marine Corps, no better friend, no worse enemy. Traditions matter and it is our legacy and sacred duty to protect the memory of the fallen and therefore assure the continued future of what makes us special. To those who still look at us with fear or envy, they will never understand why the most dangerous weapon in the world is a Marine rifle company closing with the enemy.
    Semper Fi

I have met two types of people who love the Marine Corps to death.

Those who have not yet left for boot camp. And those who are now out of the Marine Corps.

The biggest Marine Corps haters I ever saw were the Marines I served with----in Recon in VN.

If you had said Semper Fi and meant it then would have either thought you a green boot that was dumber than snot or a mental case about to flip out from to much time in the bush.

"Eat the apple and fock the core" was the world I lived in and saw up close.

These were not folks that slept in a real bed or had cold ice cream at night or even a cold beer on most days. At times warm muddy water was a luxury they would have killed for.

Liberty was a word they understood just not something they had a lot of experience with for months on end. Sitting at a desk and doing a job was a concept so foreign they would have no understanding of what that meant.

It was tough---dangerous---miserable.

Did they have pride? You bet your azz they did. 5 or 6 men crawling up the behind of a NVA Division will do that for you.

Would they do it again? I bet they would.

Did they hate it while they were doing it? You betcha......

At first the pride of graduating boot camp was enormous, no one could bash the Corps around me, it continued so till SOI. When I hit the fleet however, things change I was boot ***** extrodinairre. Hazing and what not and for the longest while i didn't have pride in myself or those Marines around me. It was a constant struggle to find motivation anywhere. After coming back from Iraq, I looked back at what I had acccomplished and even through the High's and Low's and remembered those who were right beside me the whole way and once I realized that i felt somewhat resurgent on the Corps and understood somewhat of why things are done the way they are. I figured out what it meant to be the "Billet" NCO leading my squad in training and eventually stepping down to a Fire Team billet and remained professional to my Marines and carried out the mission given by higher. Most Marines have what I call inner-pride that they are afraid to show as some feel unworthy because someone will bash them
    for being a "Motard". It's goes on till this day Marines EAS saying **** the Corps because of the way they were Mistreated and that negative taste won't wash away. But in all every Marine that I served with ****bag or not knew that I always had their back and because of that they would do the same for me. I hate the Corps policies because it's sometimes stupid but I will always be proud of the fact that I'm a brother to the best warriors who will do anything for me on or off the battlefield whether it be in Afghanistan or 50 years from now in a nursing home. Marines know what sacrafice is and that right there is something to be proud of.

R.I.P Dave. I know your proud of all of us.

I Love The Marine Corps We Have A Special Bond Between Us,and We Stand For Courage ,valor And Commitment, The Word Semper Fi We Take To Heart.
    Love To All My Brothers And Sister And Of Course Semper Fi

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Thank you everyone for your comments. As someone who has not yet shipped to Boot Camp, It only motivates me more, when I read your responses.

Credits
    Savings
    Sh!tbirds will always be sh!tbirds in or out of the Corps. Life, the Marine Corps is what you make it and what you get from it. I had the greatest four years that I wouldn't trade for all the money in the world and I became a better person because of the experiences I had while being a Marine. These d!ckheads wants to complain let them, the real Marines they served with knew they were the 10% all along anyway, now everyone knows.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    What Are You Proud Of ???

Being A Marine in Every Sense Of The Word.

Semper Fi,
    Rocky

All Marine, All The Time................

Thread Information