Question concerning reenlistment
Create Post

Question concerning reenlistment

I apologize if this is in the wrong location, I do not know where else to put this.

In the summer of 2008 while at my MOS school I cut myself across my arm one severely enough that I needed stitches. Outraged and humiliated at my temporary stupidity I reported this to Firewatch and was sent to medical. At medical I was stitched up and because this was characterized as a suicide attempt I was sent to psych ward. While at psych ward I was diagnosed as bipolar by a civilian doctor who saw me three times. Within 7 days of my initial injury I was medically discharged. My seperation code is JFV1 and my reentry code is RE-3P.

This was roughly two years ago and I've missed the Corps ever since. I've talked to three different civilian doctors who have told me that I am not bipolar.

Is it possible for me to rejoin the USMC? If it is, who do I need to talk to and what sort of paperwork do I need?

Any help is appreciated.

At medical I was stitched up and because this was characterized as a suicide attempt I was sent to psych ward
    Why would they characterize this as a suicide, and why would you let them think that to begin with. Something isn't smelling right.

at psych ward I was diagnosed as bipolar by a civilian doctor
    Why? What did you tell them and why didn't you see a Navy Doctor

I've talked to three different civilian doctors who have told me that I am not bipolar.
    That doesn't surprise me.

Is it possible for me to rejoin the USMC
    My guess would be know, but you left out too many details.

It doesn't all add up, I need more info.

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post
    Why would they characterize this as a suicide, and why would you let them think that to begin with. Something isn't smelling right.

Why? What did you tell them and why didn't you see a Navy Doctor

That doesn't surprise me.

My guess would be know, but you left out too many details.

It doesn't all add up, I need more info.

1) Because I stated I was depressed at the time.

2) There were no Navy Doctors. This was at an MOS school on an Army base.

Your chances are extremely slim, and nearly none.

RE-3P means you can't enlist into the Marine Corps. (It's a discharge for 'Physical disability'. The Marine Corps uses it for ANYthing that 'physically' prevents you from doing your job...)

"JFV1 - Discharge because of a physical condition which is not disabling. involuntary, USMC"

In my opinion, there is no way that you can re-enlist. Sorry.

I understand that I probably can't get in now, because the Marine Corps is over strength, but I was told by my 1st SGT that if I could get the disabilty waived/changed/proven to be incorrect, I could rejoin.

Quote Originally Posted by MeierT View Post
    I understand that I probably can't get in now, because the Marine Corps is over strength, but I was told by my 1st SGT that if I could get the disabilty waived/changed/proven to be incorrect, I could rejoin.
    Read it thoroughly, provide documentation and good luck.

https://www.manpower.usmc.mil/portal..._schema=PORTAL

Quote Originally Posted by NoRemorse View Post
    Read it thoroughly, provide documentation and good luck.

https://www.manpower.usmc.mil/portal..._schema=PORTAL
    Ooh-rah!

Most useful link yet! Thank you!

Thread Information