Need input on Vocational Rehab
Create Post

Need input on Vocational Rehab

Hello all,

Recently I was awarded 80% disability from the VA. They reccomended that I take part in Vocational Rehab. However I hear that when the VA rating board sees that I have been in Rehab when my next round of. C&P's come around it might count against me and may decrease my rating.
    Is this true? And can you receive the Vocational Rehab Subsistence money on top of the post 9/11 gi bill money?

Thanks Marines

Ok you got 80% SC. So what is it on hearing, bad back or so on? This is what they may look at.
    The schooling is to get you back in the work force to be able to help you gain employment. This is not usually used to lower your rating but to make you employable.
    The schooling would be paid by the VA and it includes books, equipment, and a little extra money while in school. This also based on the credits you carry.
    The VA will only call you in for a reevaluation on your request. Not saying they won't.
    You need to talk with a Service Organization (VFW, DAV, AL) and speak with them.

I am at 50% PTSD, 40%TBI and 30% Migrains. Thanks for the input

Credits
    Savings
    Images

!

I used VocRehab back in 85-95 it never decreased my percentage but made the VA stop giving me treatment due to my new found knowledge of education but that was back then, allowing the US Government to spend $250,000 dollars on ten (10) years of college. Today, I am 100 percent disabled and retired and no longer get head treatment from the VA but I am still messed up.

I say to you go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by lmholmes11 View Post
    Hello all,

Recently I was awarded 80% disability from the VA. They reccomended that I take part in Vocational Rehab. However I hear that when the VA rating board sees that I have been in Rehab when my next round of. C&P's come around it might count against me and may decrease my rating.
    Is this true? And can you receive the Vocational Rehab Subsistence money on top of the post 9/11 gi bill money?

Thanks Marines

Depends....if you think that you are elligable to get Individual Unemployability, then voc rehab is a bad idea. Also, how old are you? Under 50, then voc rehab might be good, over 50, not so good. As has been said, see your AL, DAV, VFW counselor for advise before making a decision.

If you are at 80%, then I wouldn't worry. I have been at 70% since 1968 and Voc Rehab paid for my Bachelors Degree and with that I got my job with DoD. What happens is this, if you are rated at 100% disability, that means you cannot work, if you do then they will cut your disability down.

Thread Information