Usmc Jag - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Usmc Jag

O ok thank you sorry again

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Gdawg- When my fiance went through TBS in early 2009 they were backed up (not as bad as now) but JAGs were getting pushed through above flight and ground contracts. With the back up here in Pcola I know they are re-designating flight contracts or holding them off, could help you get through faster Slide 35 .O {color:black; font-size:149%;} a:link {color:#996600 !important;} a:active {color:#3B812F !important;} a:visited {color:#AFBF39 !important;} design

Georgiadawg, sounds like you've got a very similar plan to ours. We plan on getting married mid/late August or the beginning of September after he takes the bar, and he also won't know until late October if he passed (but of course, he will).

Had never heard about the post-bar/pre-TBS work - that would be perfect! Any suggestions on how to apply for that? His OSO here isn't always easy to contact, and not very helpful, thus the missed internship this summer. We've lived in DC and absolutely love the area, so it would be great if he could get stationed temporarily at Quantico or the Pentagon while we wait for TBS. Ideally, we'd actually like to end up back in the DC area, though we're not opposed to any of the duty stations (though some would definitely be preferable to others). Fingers crossed the Marines send us a few places, then stick us back in NOVA indefinitely!

Sorry it's taken me a few days to get back to you Calindi. Marine Corps Recruiting Command (MCRC) should get in touch with him sometime in the fall about summer fun for next year and in the fall of his third year for post-bar stuff. I think they e-mailed all of us around November about it. It's best if possible to work through the OSO, but if he's not getting what he needs or hasn't heard anything by later next fall, the next step is to get in touch with the deputy SJA at MCRC who heads the whole program up or with one of the Lt's who assists him. If your b/f needs their contact info I can PM it to you. The OSO's have a lot on their plate with all the other candidates and the whole JA pipeline is a little obscure, so sometimes you do just have to go to MCRC to get what you need. From what I hear the summer fun experience is really good so hopefully he'll get to do that next year.

If you haven't seen it, here's a link to the MCRC SJA page on JA officer programs. It has FAQ's and other stuff like that: https://www.marines.usmc.mil/sja/PLCOCC_Law.htm

Just found this forum and had a question. Can the duty station of a JAG determine how often/long one is deployed? Is the East or West Coast more known for deployment? For example, does Lejeune deploy more Jags than Pendleton?

Thread Information