Fiance just shipped out to boot - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Idena View Post
    What should you do? Use this period to strengthen your relationship so he knows how much you love him & respect him. DEFINITELY write every day. Tell him about life at home, about what you do, about everything that's going on. It'll remind him why he's doing this, what's waiting for him, remind him of the people he loves. Really read his letters & respond to them.

Other than that, rather than focusing on what you don't have right now (Your fiance around), redirect that energy to a project. Three months is more than enough time to accomplish something worth accomplishing, so find a new hobby, take a class, volunteer somewhere. Use this time to become a better rounded person. If you're going to be a Marine spouse, read up on it - Roses & Thorns, while a little outdated - is a good starter source, as is Married to the Military by Meredith Leyva (The latter is very divisive - people either love it or hate it. But I think it has merit.). No one can tell you what to *really* expect from your marriage, but they can explain some of the nuts & bolts of the military, like some of the jargon, how to read an LES, etc.

"Keep yourself busy" is good advice, although sometimes that's hard to do when you address it as a nebulous idea. Set yourself a goal to accomplish while he's gone & then DO IT. It'll give you an objective that will motivate you to stay busy & focused.

And then write more letters. :-)
    My fiance leaves in about a week, I understand the worry. Giving yourself a project is a wonderful idea, I've decided to make my guy a crocheted afghan, a project I know that will take a lot of time and patience to accomplish. I know that writing letters will help a lot too.

Marine Family Free Member Marinemom32's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Just stay busy, and write every day. I sent tons of Marine quotes, and stories, he liked, but he didn't have a lot of time to read..actually told me to slow the letters down. Talk about him to everybody that asks. I did OK, not saying I didn't have my momments, I did, I missed him terribly. And it won't be an easy transition when he gets home. Give him at least 48 hours to readjust to his new life. No big parties right when he comes home. You will have to get used to him being gone, and I would seriously wait to marry until after all his schooling. Good luck!!

Marine Free Member AAV Crewchief's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Go find a "friend with benefits".

Marine Family Free Member Marinemom32's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by AAV Crewchief View Post
    Go find a "friend with benefits".
    haha As long as it kept as that, and no feelings get involved, I think it is a good arrangement....just my opinion though.

Marine Free Member AAV Crewchief's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I was kidding......

FoxtrotOscar
    Guest Free Member
    Sheesh.... The ORIGINAL date of this post was July 2010...

I would think that he's graduated boot by now...

Time to close this one up...

Thread Information