new wife here
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new wife here

Red face new wife here

I just have a few questions about all thos since I grew up around the army I got use to deployments but this my first with me being a wife I don't always get to talk with him n when I do I'm greatful for the time but grrrr this waiting driving me nuts cause I wanna be able to sleep next to him n know I'm safe am I nuts for wanting all this?

It would be helpful if you filled out all of your profile besides a first and last name, site rules....which can be found in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums.
    Also....that's one very long sentence. While it may not bother everyone here on Leatherneck, it does bother some of us, and I don't mean to come across as being rude, but try using some proper sentence structure - capital letters at beginning of sentences, punctuation marks where needed, and periods at end of sentences.

well punctuation doesn't bother me,, but to answer your question, ( and i don't care how long the sentience is) no you are not nuts, for me my first late first wife was also a Marine, so we new what was up, but she still hated the separation as well,,just realize it is the life of a military spouse,, and remember it does take a special person to be the spouse of any military person,, and especially for a Marine spouse.

Ok to all those who think I am wanting to join ur crazy I have a husband who iasone n I would not change him for anything n as for puctuaction u try walking n typing on ur phone I am still not ue to is all I am just trying to make some friuends who understand that he is afghanistan n I want him home with me. I am still getting use to just being a wife let alone one of a marine.

Quote Originally Posted by KrissyCopeland View Post
    Ok to all those who think I am wanting to join ur crazy I have a husband who iasone n I would not change him for anything n as for puctuaction u try walking n typing on ur phone I am still not ue to is all I am just trying to make some friuends who understand that he is afghanistan n I want him home with me. I am still getting use to just being a wife let alone one of a marine.
    i understand and i hope you read my post,, and not just part of it,, because punctuation in not one of my things,, hahaha,, just look at some of my other post, (if you can find them,,, because i still haven't figured this sit out yet) but be patient and just roll with the punches,, like my first wife used to say,, it's not a hardship,,, just a new adventure..(i sure do still miss her, and she died some 35 yers ago)

Quote Originally Posted by SoftballCatch23 View Post
    It would be helpful if you filled out all of your profile besides a first and last name, site rules....which can be found in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums.
    Also....that's one very long sentence. While it may not bother everyone here on Leatherneck, it does bother some of us, and I don't mean to come across as being rude, but try using some proper sentence structure - capital letters at beginning of sentences, punctuation marks where needed, and periods at end of sentences.
    Wow, I hope this is an attempt at humor. If not, pot meet kettle. Your sentence that begins with "While," makes this one of the funniest posts I have seen in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by MUSTANG0369 View Post
    Wow, I hope this is an attempt at humor. If not, pot meet kettle. Your sentence that begins with "While," makes this one of the funniest posts I have seen in a while.
    The time to edit my post ran out, so my bad.

I am still getting use to all the rules n regs around here, hell I am still getting use lots of things. I am still not use to being punctual about everything as is please forgive my spelling of things I am typeing off my phone so I am trying hard to write this all the way it should be writen if I don't get the words right just let it slide I am trying hard.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    You need to get used to being alone many nights if your spouse is going to be in the Marine Corps for any period of time.

You are not nuts for wanting to be close to him...but you can drive yourself nuts if you continue to dwell on the what ifs and negatives.

It can be tough to endure and one of the hardest jobs in the Marine Corps it is claimed is being a Marine Corps wife.

It is not easy with the worry of deployment...especially with the current world situation.

I cannot give you advice to not worry.....but I can say that it would behoove to stay as busy as possible....write....email...telephone...whatever way the form of communication is now.

Keep it upbeat and let him know that you do in fact miss him and are waiting his return...but do not dwell on the negative.....

Keep in contact with family and friends....there are other forums that you can search on the net that are devoted to military spouses in the same boat you are.

All I can further say is good luck and hoping that your Marine and ALL the Marines and military personnel in that region and ALL those regions are as safe as possible.

Good luck!

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by KrissyCopeland View Post
    I just have a few questions about all thos since I grew up around the army I got use to deployments but this my first with me being a wife I don't always get to talk with him n when I do I'm greatful for the time but grrrr this waiting driving me nuts cause I wanna be able to sleep next to him n know I'm safe am I nuts for wanting all this?
    Young lady consider yourself fortunate that you and your husband live in an age when communication is virtually instantaneous. On many of my deployments, I had to wait weeks sometimes months for mail to catch up with me. Ship to shore calls were far and few between but we managed to tough it out

Your situation is totally understandable and not uncommon. Accept that you married into the Corps. Find support from other spouses, get together with them as often as you can.

Above all be supportive and my best to you both

Ty for the sujestions but no sign in on it.

http://www.marinewives.com/

Scroll down on the left and click on 'Support Forums" and then click on "Marine Wives".

==================================================

http://www.marinewives101.com/forums.html
    Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on any of the links provided.

Also, this site works better on a computer, NOT a phone. No way I would want to type out a 200 word sentence, or try and surf this site using a phone. Just a real PIA.

Listen to the advice given by senior folks here who have been there, done that. I didn't have 'instant' communications, either, when deployed, even when aboard ship with email (intermittant at best which is even MORE frustrating).

All you can do, really, is take the deployment ONE day at a time. And the only easy day was yesterday.

Time will pass, I assure you, and he'll be home beside you, before you know it.

You have one of the toughest jobs in the world...being married to a Marine. Takes a special individual; most can't or won't do it. Some do it for awhile but then say the heck with it, it's just too hard (that was my ex after my first 12 month deployment to Okinawa; plus, she met someone she liked better).

Would like to tell you it will get better but don't know if that's true. Did not get better for us. However, many of my career friends managed to keep their marriage together and are still married today.

All I can say is it's not easy but you're not alone by any means. You have to work at it every day.

Good luck to you and your husband.

Thread Information