Is it possible to get your boot date delayed/moved up?
Closed Thread

Is it possible to get your boot date delayed/moved up?

Hello Marines,

I just swore in an open contract yesterday in brooklyn. The thing is they gave me my ship date which is May 28th, 2011. Would i be able to get it moved up or delayed on request? I dont mind waiting but a 10 month wait seems like alot can happen/change in that time frame and im commited right now. I have also heard from Marines that going to Parris Island in the Summer is the most Brutal thing you will ever do. Can i talk to my recruiter about it? Does it depend on your MOS how soon you ship?

Thanks in advance, Yankeeloon200

Ask your recruiter!

Squad Leader Free Member Wyoming's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeeloon200 View Post
    Hello Marines,

I just swore in an open contract yesterday in brooklyn. The thing is they gave me my ship date which is May 28th, 2011. Would i be able to get it moved up or delayed on request? I dont mind waiting but a 10 month wait seems like alot can happen/change in that time frame and im commited right now. I have also heard from Marines that going to Parris Island in the Summer is the most Brutal thing you will ever do. Can i talk to my recruiter about it? Does it depend on your MOS how soon you ship?

Thanks in advance, Yankeeloon200
    • Why an 'open contract'?
    • At least you have something.
    • Yes, No, and Maybe.
    • Sure is a long time. Get in shape, mentally and physically.
    • It is hot at PI in May. Not as hot as one of the 'stans, however.
    • Sure you can.
    • You don't have an MOS.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!!

Just be lucky you have a ship date. Per the rest, ask your recruiter

Yup. Closed.

I weep for what this country is becoming, and fear for my children and grandchildren's future if any more democrats gain national office. We lose more and more freedoms every single day to creeping nannystatism and those who vote for Democrats only want to increase that. Anyone voting for a 'dem' is someone who likely wants to take everything YOU have worked for and mortgage your kids future as well.
    v/r
    The Malignant Leprechaun

Thread Information