I need some motivation..
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I need some motivation..

Hey guys, I'm a poolee from RSS Canton, I don't post here much though.

I feel like I'm loosing it, my ship date is 20110404 but I'm going to try to get a date earlier. My recruiter offered me a date in September, but I was having a horrible day and I said no.. I feel like an idiot. I said no mostly because my IST was crap, I ran my 1.5 mile in 13:04, 8 pull ups, 58 crunches. I know I can do better, I run and do push ups and sit ups until I can't do anymore everyday. I've been in the DEP for over a month now, PT seems to be getting harder as I go on even though I am improving. Just motivate the crap out of me.

Well, if you're doing pull ups and crunches and all of that everyday, maybe you aren't giving your body enough time to repair itself after the strenuous workouts it goes through.

as for motivation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00VwOrGymgc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSVf-nnkhFs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoQzaqatUzY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SCD6...eature=related

Those videos always motivate the hell out of me. Because I think to myself, one day, I will be a Marine myself. I will be something to be proud of. You will too.

Call your recruiter back and get that ship date!! You don't want to have to wait 9 months to ship. You'll get ready and then you'll sit there and be going crazy wanting to ship! Trust me, I swore in October 11th, 2009, and I've been going crazy waiting.

You can improve on your IST scores a lot before September. It shouldn't take much to get the run down and keep working those abs and you'll have your crunches up in no time!

You got this! Keep working hard and you'll make it!!

Motivation?!

Quote Originally Posted by Cardboardbox View Post
    Hey guys, I'm a poolee from RSS Canton, I don't post here much though.

I feel like I'm loosing it, my ship date is 20110404 but I'm going to try to get a date earlier. My recruiter offered me a date in September, but I was having a horrible day and I said no.. I feel like an idiot. I said no mostly because my IST was crap, I ran my 1.5 mile in 13:04, 8 pull ups, 58 crunches. I know I can do better, I run and do push ups and sit ups until I can't do anymore everyday. I've been in the DEP for over a month now, PT seems to be getting harder as I go on even though I am improving. Just motivate the crap out of me.
    If you don't get that September spot then no biggie, yea you'll have to wait a much longer time period but you're not going into boot camp in the shape of a supreme athlete. What's important is that you are mentally there. If you are as discouraged as you are now you need to question yourself about your physical shape and how "dedicated" you are to improving yourself. I will gladfully say that I've put a LOT of work into improving my fitness but mental toughness will be something I have yet to challenge. Lifting iron and doing what you're told when told are two totally different things. Just know this, I've been in poole for a little over 9 months about now and in all honesty I was supposed to be gone March but that just gave me more motivation to get to where I needed to be. For all you know in your given case the true challenge is whether you feel as if this is the right thing for you. So what is it?!

Credits
    Savings
    If you are having issues finding the motivation to PT on your own then call up another poolee in your RSS and PT with them everyday, it's hard for me to PT up here in Oregon while I'm away from the rest of my pool, yes I'm working once a week with the Recruiters up here but its not the same. Find someone in your pool who will work with you no matter what. We are all brothers in the fact that we will soon earn the title United States Marine. Please don't lose that sense of belonging, even here on this forum we will support you 100%.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    If you really want something, you WILL HAVE the motovation for it. Maybe you don't want it very much.

Well, if I was you I would bring in one of your buddies who may want to join and have your recruiter talk to them. Sit in there with them and listen to the stuff your recruiter tells them, and remember when you were sitting in that chair listening to the recruiter for the first time.

I've waited a year for my time to leave, it's been a fun ride. Trust me, after a few more pool functions you'll stop moaning and look forward to it every time you go. As for the PT.. PT is easy to improve once you get the motivation.

I'll leave ya with my favorite commercial of all time:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xWA1rp50rs

Quote Originally Posted by Yonkers View Post
    I've waited a year for my time to leave, it's been a fun ride. Trust me, after a few more pool functions you'll stop moaning and look forward to it every time you go. As for the PT.. PT is easy to improve once you get the motivation.
    Amen to that. I used to dread pool functions but now I cant wait for them haha.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    woah we have the same ship date and place
    cya there if u wont go to the sept one

I got moved to 20101115, I'm a lot happier now.

I sat out on todays IST at the pool function because my oral surgeon put me on pain killers because of my wisdom teeth causing really bad pain, so I just sat around and talked with the recruiters. I'm feeling a lot better now, thanks guys.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    When you ask for some motivation you better be able to recieve some correction!

First of all "WANTING" to be a Marine should be enough Motivation! If you need motivation your not ready. You need to be able to motivate yourself as well. What are you going to do your in the middle of a war and your unit goes down your the only one left and theirs 1000 enemy soliders surrounding you? Are you going to need a motivator? Or grow some nuts?

I'm not trying to put you down but for real think about it.
    Good Luck I hope you do well.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 32JJW0311 View Post
    When you ask for some motivation you better be able to recieve some correction!

First of all "WANTING" to be a Marine should be enough Motivation! If you need motivation your not ready. You need to be able to motivate yourself as well. What are you going to do your in the middle of a war and your unit goes down your the only one left and theirs 1000 enemy soliders surrounding you? Are you going to need a motivator? Or grow some nuts?

I'm not trying to put you down but for real think about it.
    Good Luck I hope you do well.

Don't make me hurl,,,,,,,,,

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Sir?

Quote Originally Posted by 32JJW0311 View Post
    What are you going to do your in the middle of a war and your unit goes down your the only one left and theirs 1000 enemy soliders surrounding you?
    Too much Call of Duty? Really, slow your roll, buddy.

Thread Information