Tax on prosthetic limbs and ......
Create Post

Tax on prosthetic limbs and ......

I have checked a couple of sites and none refute this information. It would seem that the good ol' boys and girls have arisin to a new low. [mw]

Wounded Warriors Face New Tax This Independence Day
    From John Kartch and Ryan Ellis on Friday, July 2, 2010 12:51 PM

As the nation prepares to celebrate Independence Day with parades and barbecues, America’s veterans face a new tax on prosthetic limbs and other vital medical devices.

The health care overhaul passed by Congress and signed into law by President Obama earlier this year contains a new tax on medical devices such as prosthetic limbs, pacemakers, and wheelchairs. This tax, which its proponents claim will raise $20 billion over the next ten years, contains no exemption for the nation’s 22 million veterans. In fact, Senate Democrats specifically refused to exempt veterans from the tax.

On March 24 2010, Senate Democrats rejected an amendment offered by Senator Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) to the healthcare bill. This amendment (SA 3644) would have prevented the medical device tax from hitting veterans covered by the Veterans Healthcare Program or TRICARE for Life. This amendment was rejected by a vote of 44-54. All but five Democrat senators voted in favor of retaining the tax for veterans.

The medical device tax was one of over twenty new or higher taxes in President Barack Obama’s healthcare overhaul. This permanent new tax is being collected now.

“On March 24, Senate Democrats had the opportunity to exempt our veterans from Obamacare’s new tax on medical devices such as prosthetic limbs. But 54 Democrats voted against the measure. They chose to side with the tax-and-spend crowd in Washington over our wounded warriors,”said Grover Norquist, president of Americans for Tax Reform. “This is one of the many reasons Harry Reid and the Democrats did not want Americans to read the 2,500 page health care bill before it was passed.”

In addition to those who served in Afghanistan and Iraq, the Department of Veterans Affairs reports the following number of veterans from America’s wars:

World War II: 2,079,000

Korean War: 2,507,000

Vietnam War: 7,569,000

Desert Shield/Storm: 2,254,000

The following senators voted for the tax:

Daniel Akaka (D-HI)
    Max Baucus (D-MT)
    Evan Bayh (D-IN)
    Mark Begich (D-AK)
    Michael Bennet (D-CO)
    Jeff Bingaman (D-NM)
    Barbara Boxer (D-CA)
    Sherrod Brown (D-OH)
    Roland Burris (D-IL)
    Maria Cantwell (D-WA)
    Ben Cardin (D-MD)
    Tom Carper (D-DE)
    Bob Casey (D-PA)
    Kent Conrad (D-ND)
    Chris Dodd (D-CT)
    Byron Dorgan (D-ND)
    Richard Durbin (D-IL)
    Russ Feingold (D-WI)
    Diane Feinstein (D-CA)
    Al Franken (D-MN)
    Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY)
    Tom Harkin (D-IA)
    Daniel Inouye (D-HI)
    Tim Johnson (D-SD)
    Edward Kaufman (D-DE)
    John Kerry (D-MA)
    Amy Klobuchar (D-MN)
    Herb Kohl (D-WI)
    Mary Landrieu (D-LA)
    Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ)
    Pat Leahy (D-VT)
    Carl Levin (D-MI)
    Joe Lieberman (ID-CT)
    Blanche Lincoln (D-AR)
    Claire McCaskill (D-MO)
    Bob Menendez (D-NJ)
    Jeff Merkley (D-OR)
    Barbara Mikulski (D-MD)
    Patty Murray (D-WA)
    Bill Nelson (D-FL)
    Mark Pryor (D-AR)
    Jack Reed (D-RI)
    Harry Reid (D-NV)
    Jay Rockefeller (D-WV)
    Bernie Sanders (I-VT)
    Chuck Schumer (D-NY)
    Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH)
    Arlen Specter (D-PA)
    Debbie Stabenow (D-MI)
    Mark Udall (D-CO)
    Tom Udall (D-NM)
    Mark Warner (D-VA)
    Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI)
    Ron Wyden (D-OR)

Read more: http://www.atr.org/wounded-warriors-...#ixzz0t2nnKPiv

Thumbs down

I'm so freaking proud of my home states liberal never say no milquetoast boys that i could just pee!

Jeff Merkley (D-OR)
    Ron Wyden (D-OR)

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I've already pee'd, Slinger. Party line politics makes you wonder who's working for whom.

Quote Originally Posted by SlingerDun View Post
    I'm so freaking proud of my home states liberal never say no milquetoast boys that i could just pee!

Jeff Merkley (D-OR)
    Ron Wyden (D-OR)

Yep. I'm with ya -- Russ Fiengold (D-WI)

Funny there were no Republicans. But I suppose this will be Bush's fault too somehow....

Quote Originally Posted by tdrt View Post
    Yep. I'm with ya -- Russ Fiengold (D-WI)

Funny there were no Republicans. But I suppose this will be Bush's fault too somehow....
    Yep, tour right but you know if all the vets took the limbs to congress and tosed them on the desks there and told them to stick them up you know where the just may change their mind about this tax c*rp.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

!

This is why it is very important to vote these left wing nuts out of both the House and the senate before china takes america over. Obama is and has made a mockery on what American Exceptionalism means and Veterans are part of this American Exceptionalism.

What I like to see is all veterans in all theaters of operation to stop fighting, sit down and refuse to do any more fighting until Obama is removed from office otherwise, more veterans issues will come into play like taking our disability pay away from disable veterans God knows this is coming down Obama's line of site.

Kansas has no Dems up there now but I am hoping and voting that they don't get one back n there the last one we got voted for ever tax there was she got kicked out last go around.

John kerry one of my senators voted for it. But we already know he is a piece of ****.

This may be a dumb question, that's why I'm asking, but I thought that the VA paid for all the costs associated with prosthetic limbs if it was service connected?

If I have this right and I may not a tax is seperate from the VA and under the IRS so the VA would give you the leg or arm and the IRS would then tax you for it. At any rate the whole thing stinks like a pig sty.

Blanche Lincoln (AR) voted for it also. She says she's always for the veterans. Bull!! Sure don't look like it!! Thought veterans came first or at least that's what I've always heard at the VA!

Thread Information