Will I Receive Glasses?
Create Post

Will I Receive Glasses?

I know someone just asked a question about classes but my question isn't the same. I don't actually own a pair of glasses or wear any contacts or anything but when I was at MEPS and got the eye exam done, they found out I am nearsighted and have trouble with far distances. They were still correctable to 20/20 so it's fine and I can still ship but will I receive the infamous "BC glasses" at Recruit Training? I feel like I will want them for things that will require me to focus on distanced things such as rifle qualification maybe? I don't have any previous history of ever wearing glasses or having contacts though so will I still get glasses just because it's on my MEPS report that I do not have perfect vision? or do only people that currently wear glasses receive them at Recruit Training? If anybody has any insight on my situation I thank you in advance!

If you need them, they will be issued to you.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Welcome aboard, 4 eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by theoxtetra View Post
    will I receive the infamous "BC glasses" at Recruit Training?
    Yes.

And for those who don't know, BCG's = Birth Control Glasses, and those are the only glasses you are allowed to wear in Boot Camp.

I think those issued glasses were the only set I ever owned that I prayed would either get broken, stolen, or lost. I finally got rid of them.... and I'll be damned.... I think Drew Cary found them! Those are some ugly a$$ed glasses!

The Marine Corps issues everything you need...and sadly some of them are as ugly as a p!ssed off DI.

they will be issued like the marines above said but you dont have to wear them

yes again you will get BCG's however once you get out in the fleet or if your in a long school you may get new "designer" frames now. they look like the average everyday glasses.

Okay great thanks for all of the replies!

Link to frame selection once you are in the fleet and eligible for new frames.

http://www.med.navy.mil/sites/nostra...ts/new-foc.pdf

eyeballs - check

Thread Information