Quick Question About Pay in Boot
Create Post

Quick Question About Pay in Boot

Afternoon Marines,

I have a quick question that I have already asked my recruiter but wanted to double check here with the Marines that had my same situation.

My question is for those Marines that went to bootcamp already married, leaving your spouse behind with the bills to take care of herself. How difficult was it to set her up with the ability to withdraw the money every month? I've heard some Marines say to just plan on not being payed through boot camp until the end... Obviously, with a mortgage and two car payments and usual living expenses back home, that just isn't feasible for me.

So were you payed consistently through boot and was it easy for your spouse to draw the money every month? Also, how much should my wife leave in the account for the things that I need to buy in boot (uniforms, etc)?

Thank you for any and all info on this!

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    She will not have access to the account, if you really need to send money home it can be done but your Senior Drill instructor takes care of all this for you.

I hate to say it like this but if you don't already have money set aside for your wife to use for while your gone you are sort of SOL. There will be a few pay periods while at boot camp where your checks will be little to nothing because of certain things being taken out automatically.

Ok sorry Marines, the search function on this site wasn't working for me when I inititially asked this question. I just looked up my question in the google bar and found other threads on this site that answered my question. And thanks Joseph for your response.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I can't even imagine making a mortgage payment and two car notes on privates pay.

I'd start putting that house on the market...

Haha yeah, that's part of the reason I'm going reserves... But even if/when I do get deployed (assuming I make it through boot camp of course) the pay with all the BAH and housing is enough combined with my wife's income to keep us afloat.

Okay. Didn't realize you were going reserves. Start saving, though, for when you're in bootcamp so you don't miss any payments. Like Josephd said, everything/expenses will be deducted from your first couple paydays so there isn't going to be a lot left.

Thread Information