New FMF Corpsman
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

New FMF Corpsman

My wife stays in contact with some of her squidly friends through facebook. One of her friends (female) just graduated 8404 school and is stationed at some logists base now with the Marines. She posted some pictures of her and a group of Marines wearing desert digis. She also got the fmf pin.

I'm posting this for a couple reasons. First off I argued with a sailor on this forum about who gets or rates the pin. He had done his entire enlistment at bridgeport. I contended that is not the FMF so sorry no pin. Appearantly I was wrong.

Second reason is that I had no idea that women could be FMF corpsman so that came as suprise.

I've been schooled.

You were in the right about about the requirement for the FMF pin in the other thread.

I believe that the FMF pin can be awarded at the completion of FMTB,but you really need to bust your balls to get it during training and few do.

Females have been completing FMTB training for some time now,but like female Marines are not officially assigned to combat operations. See link.

http://www.corpsman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51850

What About Us Old Timers That Are Already Out With The Ribbon Do We Rate The Pin

Quote Originally Posted by doc h fmf View Post
    What About Us Old Timers That Are Already Out With The Ribbon Do We Rate The Pin
    No you don't rate the pin.

Thank You Dan.

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

Many Corpsman think this should be "their" award.It is availible to those of the other branches of the military who meet the requirements and servre with the FMF.

http://doni.daps.dla.mil/Directives/...ms/1414.4B.pdf

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    .....Pins are for securing diapers, and popping blood blisters!! besides......who gives a FVCK??....

I wouldn't mind a female doc riding along in the back of my AAV

To me.... a Doc is a Doc is a Doc. Male, Female, Pin, No Pin. Doesn't make any difference as long as one is there when needed.

To all the Docs out there.... a HUGE Semper Fi from this old Marine.

Understood, DOC !! S/F!! Ken

yeah your right john who gives a fluck. I EARNED MY FMF RIBBON AND THAT MEANS MORE TO ME THAN THE PIN .

SEMPER FI TO ALL MY BROTHERS

STEPHEN DOC HANSEN HM3 FMF

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by DrZ View Post
    To me.... a Doc is a Doc is a Doc. Male, Female, Pin, No Pin. Doesn't make any difference as long as one is there when needed.

To all the Docs out there.... a HUGE Semper Fi from this old Marine.
    Amen and Semper Fidelis from this Marine.

Our Docs that wore green, seemingly never spent a dime in the clubs in the RVN and THEY were the only ones to use the term Semper Fidelis.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The times they are a Changing...now I would feel very comfortable with a Female Devil Doc...gives a new meaning too the term"PECKER CHECKER"

Quote Originally Posted by FistFu68 View Post
    The times they are a Changing...now I would feel very comfortable with a Female Devil Doc...gives a new meaning too the term"PECKER CHECKER"
    I like the way you think

I'd be up at BAS more often if that was the case

I'd rather be Corpsman than a Nurse-In Nam you learn by on the job training.I learned how to put in a chest-tube-by helping Dr.Merjavy-treat a spontaneous-pneumothorax.This is what is done-DocGreek is right -Corpsman do trauma-vascular-surgery.Stop that bleeding-Get that blood pressure-up-Treat for shock and restore that respiration.Boom-boom- boom- boom-that's the speed you have to work at or your patient will die.I think that better vascular-repair training should be taught in Hospital Corps School.I don't remember being taught anything about this . Certainly this is the most important-thing in preventing death.I was taught to use clamps on every-blood vessel-you could clamp.I don't remember where I learned this.It wasn't in Hospital Corpsman School.Same with the precardial-Thump to restore a good rhythm -when there is arrest.Here's my beef .Army Medics-get college credits-I don't know how many-just because-they went through -Fort Sam Houston-This is used to be a Pa or Physician.Corpsman don't get these college credits Now there are Corpsman that did become Doctors-I know this.They are great and God Bless Em.Sucking Chest Wounds-That's the only thing I remember being taught.Use a plastic wrap to make a seal-this to will bring the BP -up.No-SH*T.I did a Brain Ct-on a Army Medic-He was in these Wheel-Chair-Games...feel out of his wc-and hit his head.He opted to extend his time in Nam.He made his first tour,and was on his second when he got hit.This man,this Army Medic,This Brave Black Man-lost the lower half of his body-I mean Everything.He had a Colostomy and a urine bag hanging-and he was muscular and had a beautiful-head.He's A winner-and uses everything he has left.I Hugged him-and told him he was my hero.Now that's a Man-who survived all odds.Who worked on him and saved his life?-Are you guys still with me-Yeah Yeah you guys seen stuff and have saved many lives also.I know-Your Great also-just had to tell ya ,this story.That's why I respect Army Medics-But "We"-should have gotten some college credits To.What do you think?------Greetings from the Bronx......Bye for now...

Thread Information