"Back-Up Shipper"
Create Post

"Back-Up Shipper"

I went to drop off my high school diploma to my recruiter today and when I got there he told me that I would be a "backup shipper" for 20100712 and if I don't ship then, I would go 20100719 just a week later. Although disappointing because 20100712 was my original ship date it's okay. I was just wondering: has anyone been a "backup shipper" before? Does anyone know how often recruits end up not going and the backup shipper takes their place?

When I went to MEPS to take my ASVAB/physical there was a guy there that was a backup. From the way I had it explained to me it sounds like the only time the backup will ship is if someone can't pass their IST, are overweight, or they just don't show up. This makes sense if you think about it, because if someone is already in the DEP they have met all preliminary requirements.
    It's probably not too likely that you will ship, but you never know... good luck.

EDIT:
    Just out of curiousity how do you know that you are getting 0331? I was told that I had to ship with 03xx and wait until ITB to find out my MOS.

Quote Originally Posted by jburke1983 View Post
    When I went to MEPS to take my ASVAB/physical there was a guy there that was a backup. From the way I had it explained to me it sounds like the only time the backup will ship is if someone can't pass their IST, are overweight, or they just don't show up. This makes sense if you think about it, because if someone is already in the DEP they have met all preliminary requirements.
    It's probably not too likely that you will ship, but you never know... good luck.

EDIT:
    Just out of curiousity how do you know that you are getting 0331? I was told that I had to ship with 03xx and wait until ITB to find out my MOS.
    I was told the same thing about the job. Dunno though. We'll find out when we get there, lol. :P

I'm going to be a reservist at my local unit while I go to school and all so they already have my MOS picked out but yeah I'm pretty sure AD contracts are just 03XX

Thread Information