New Female Dress Covers
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Female Dress Covers

Quote Originally Posted by Marine Corps Uniform Board
    NEW FEMALE FRAME CAP: The new female frame cap will be introduced to the MCRDs in FY09. The cap is similar to the male cap in that there is one frame and two crowns (one green, one white). The braid for both caps will be black (no longer will have the red braid with the service cap). The cost of the caps will be equivalent to the male caps. The caps should be available for purchase in second quarter FY09 and the mandatory possession date for the new cap and phase out date for the old caps is 1 Oct 2012.
    The white cover and the its green equivalent (not the one shown in the picture) are supposed to replace the "bucket hats". Can any new Marines give the straight scoop as to whether these are actually being issued at MCRD PI now? I think they're a big improvement on the female uniform.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Attached Images Attached Images

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Rough Hands View Post
    The white cover and the its green equivalent (not the one shown in the picture) are supposed to replace the "bucket hats". Can any new Marines give the straight scoop as to whether these are actually being issued at MCRD PI now? I think they're a big improvement on the female uniform.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Feedback? Can you handle feedback?

Well here goes.

What's with all the Marine stuff on your signature and avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by BigAlHolmes165 View Post
    [/size][/font]

Feedback? Can you handle feedback?

Well here goes.

What's with all the Marine stuff on your signature and avatar?
    For moto, Corporal! If it is considered offensive, I will gladly remove it.

Don't count on it...And why's it matter? IF You become a Marine, you'll wear what you have to, and when you have to. It doesn't matter what it is or what it looks like. So I suggest you stop worrying now.

Nope that **** isn't gonna be issued until 2012. So You'll have to buy it all new.

Personally, I don't like the new female barracks cover that will be coming out. It looks too much like what firefighters where when they are in uniform.

Interesting. That's the first I've seen or heard about it.

However, it DOES look sorta 'firefighter-ish'. Hmmmmmmm....

Wonder if that was field tested or the uniform board just came up with it?

As far as issue goes, you'll likely end up having to buy it, as PFC Gonzo stated.

Quote Originally Posted by polizei View Post
    Don't count on it...And why's it matter? IF You become a Marine, you'll wear what you have to, and when you have to. It doesn't matter what it is or what it looks like. So I suggest you stop worrying now.
    I wouldn't say that I'm worried about it, just simply very curious. I saw some uniform changes posted on Akinoluna's blog sometime last year with a couple of updates just in the last few weeks, so I figured I would ask if any Marines fresh out of P.I. have seen the new cover issued as of yet.

Merely curiosity, no offense meant. Thank you, Marines, for all of your replies.

No harm, no foul. Thanks for posting, since that's the first I'd heard of it.

NEW FEMALE FRAME CAPS The new female frame cap was scheduled to begin fielding in early FY09, but because of manufacturing/design problems its adoption of a single frame cap was disapproved, however the design was retained. In April 2009, CMC approved the two cap version of the female frame cap, and it will be replacing the old caps in the near future. The introduction and mandatory possession dates will be determined in the near future.

http://www.marcorsyscom.usmc.mil/SITES/MCUB/

Credits
    Savings
    I liked the red braid, Montezuma Red, it was.

Quote Originally Posted by WMarine View Post
    Personally, I don't like the new female barracks cover that will be coming out. It looks too much like what firefighters where when they are in uniform.

Agree with you Lisa!!
    Lin

Darn, I misspelled wear.......it should be wear, not where. My bad. I will proceed to haze myself when I go to the gym this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by WMarine View Post
    Darn, I misspelled wear.......it should be wear, not where. My bad. I will proceed to haze myself when I go to the gym this evening.

oooops! Didn't notice it myself Lisa!
    Lin

Thread Information