2161 - Ground Ordnance Maintenance_Machinist ???
Create Post

Question 2161 - Ground Ordnance Maintenance_Machinist ???

Hi, My son recently earned the title of US Marine, for which I am very proud, but I feel so lost trying to learn this whole new world.

While my Marine is busy at MCT I am trying to figure out what his MOS is exactly. I can't seem to find much info. I know basically what a machinist does but how does that translate to the Marines? I may be overthinking it but within 21 if there are already Small Arms Repairers, Precision Weapons Repairers, Towed Artillery etc... then what role does the Machinist play in this field?

Any insight would be most appreciated.

OorahMa,

I can't help you with the information, but I just wanted to stop by and say welcome and the very best to you and your new Marine.

I am not a Marine, my son is though. A machinist outside the USMC is a steel dimensionalist, a mighty fine and skilled person , who can turn a raw block of steel into the most intricate machine or (parts for a machine) or weapon , or vehicle etc. Now I can only assume that in the USMC, you could double that explanation and skill. Hope that gives at least a mall insight to being a machinist. Mine chose 0331.

Thank you for the info.

My son had hoped for something else within Weapons Maintenance but the Marines placed him as a Machinist. I am hoping its a perfect fit for him. He hasnt picked up yet but hes glad to be there. lol

Thread Information